Larger Video Window in Web Client...

Koleckai Silvestri

Koleckai Silvestri

Here is a screenshot of Hulu's player in the same size browser window.

A player that can be resized could work as well.

Yea so ours is a little different. I could put a player right in the middle of the page like youtube, but people seem to like the ability to play and then be able to navigate around the web client without it stopping.

kreeturez
Yea so ours is a little different. I could put a player right in the middle of the page like youtube, but people seem to like the ability to play and then be able to navigate around the web client without it stopping.

Yes, we certainly do!

Thinking ahead, when Live TV goes (errr) live, the prospect of browsing one's library during a commercial break makes this even more appealing.

As per your first suggestion (user-resizability), are there any elegant HTML5 means for allowing the user to resize on-the-fly? Or would it have to be a separate setting?

Koleckai Silvestri

Hmm.. I just use different windows myself I could watch in one and browser in another. Then again, I have a multi-monitor setup as well. Not a fan of fullscreen as it blocks the OS at times.

A popout window could be a solution. Not sure how much rewriting that would take.

Thanks for the consideration.

Koleckai Silvestri

A larger video player in the web client would be appreciated. The overlay should be proportional and centered in the middle of the browser window. It should have a distinct close button as well. Currently it is small and at the bottom of the screen. A compromise between the initial window and full screen would be appreciated.

I've attached a screenshot showing the player in Google Chrome 32.

Look at Hulu's initial placement for an example. 

Thanks for your consideration.

can you post a screenshot of hulu? my intention is not to make it any larger but rather support resizing. 

Latchmor

I forgot to say, there is also a Right-Click option to Open Video In New Tab which works too. I've just noticed it can be hit or miss as you have to stop the Video playing quickly in the current Tab to let the new one in the background take over.

Cheers

Latchmor

Hi, did you know that using Chrome you can Right-Click on the small video window and select Copy Video URL then paste into another Chrome Tab?

Kinda gives you your pop out window and you can move it to a separate monitor if you want.  ;)

Cheers

Latchmor

• Like 2

• 1 month later...