Chromecast with iOS app having issues

e27

Trying to play movies using the ipad app to Chromecast.  All of my media is mkv.  When I play a Bluray throughout the movie it will freeze at diffrent times.  When I turn on my ipad it does not keep track of its play state.  I have to close out of the Emby app all together and reopen it, reconnect to Chromecast and find where I left off.  Sometimes it will freeze in the exact same place and I will have to move a minute or two forward to work after closing everything and reopening everything again. My DVD's will play but the video studders the entire time where the audio plays just fine.  I am using the most recent Chromecast and it is up to date.  I am also using the lastest iSO operating system. My server is on Windows 10.  Chromecast is plugged into the back of a receiver so I can get 5.1 surround sound. 

From personal experience, I think chromecast streaming from iOS needs a lot of polishing. For example, seeking is very hard as the play state doesn't seem to be handled correctly on the iOS app. Also, even if the movie is playing, the connection for controls seems to be droped regularly, thus rendering them useless.

mitsumaui

I wanted to chime in on this that I have found the app whilst casting to ChromeCast to be very buggy. It would crash out frequently. 

The most frustrating, was after going back into the app after a period of inactivity, it stopped what was being played by Emby! I don't see this instability in the Android versions so wonder if this is unique to iOS and known / fixable?