Unable to install BD-H6500

Cruise
Go to solution Solved by Veers,

Thanks. I'll follow this up. Need to find some documentation on what that loader does.

Just to be clear, I only have a ending comment on the loader.js line. So it wasn't comment at all when I got it to work.

• Like 1

Sorry I didn't mention it before, I have a BD-H6500, I said I couldn't load from usb but I just noticed I never extracted the zip file so that part is still untested.

Edited by Gerro

I have a BD-H6500 also - be happy to test, although i do not know how to get it to install the beta version?

Hi @@boatguypat

You can install the beta using the same procedure but replace the IP address with 82.11.185.51

boatguypat

Thanks. Tried the beta IP address - no difference. I get the "App Sync Initiated" screen but then nothing - no activity at all. 

• 2 weeks later...
boatguypat

My BD-H6500 got a firmware update today to 1112. I cannot find any release notes on what the update is for, but alas, did not resolve the inability to load the app from the web page (beta or prod), Works from USB. Has anyone gotten it to load on this bluray player? 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
BrettDioson

I am having this issue as well.  Could it be a problem with the hosting site(s)?  Are there instructions for how to host this on our own internal web server with the git repository?

Veers

I am having this issue as well.  Could it be a problem with the hosting site(s)?  Are there instructions for how to host this on our own internal web server with the git repository?

Already try, no luck... But feel free to make some test, maybe you will try something we don't.

• 6 months later...

I haven't tried anything since the last time I posted here, I gave up and continued to use my media center PC.

An interesting point though is that I remember reading somewhere that the reason why Emby wasn't posted to the samsung app Store was that they did not have a Tizen version of their app. Now that the Tizen app is out I wonder if someone will try to submit this one to the official store, may bring a lot more attention to it.

• Like 1