Android connection issues

idgara007

idgara007

I used help from some other topics I searched for and it somewhat helped..

I am trying to set up the accounts for wifi and cellular access on my android phone.  At first, I connected my phone to my home network, opened the 2 MB3 ports on my router and made sure the firewall had public access for mb3.  Then i entered my name, my server computer's ip address and the 8096 port for the account.  I was able to access my movies then

however, when I turned wifi off and switched to cellular on my phone, i lost the connection and it brought me back to the login area.  I would click my media database, and it would say "unable to login, verify password is correct".  clicking the mediabrowser title or the picture of the man would prompt me to login.  even entering my username, it wouldnt authenticate and unable to login again. 

the only way to get around this was to connect to wifi again, go to settings, media server, manage connections, and then input a new connection.  I used no-ip to create a hostname, but I think my ip is static anyways.  I created a new connection with the host as the ip address and then turned wifi off and was able to connect fine.  turning wifi back on automatically took me back to the login screen with no way to get out until switching my phones connection, going back to the settings and manually switching between connections.  

Is there no way to prevent this? Or have I input the stuff wrong?  I'm not so tech savvy, so I didnt know how to do any of this port, ip address, host stuff at all before searching.  Also, I can view my library, but when I try and play a movie, it hangs up at the beginning and wont play at all.  

Redshirt

It sounds like you've got everything set up properly. Not all routers support loopback connections which is why the noip connection is failing over wifi.

There's been some internal discussion about the login/connection process. So those screens will likely be changed in the near future to make it easier for users.

godbodian

Hey Redshirt, within the Android app (or through MB Server or the server PC) is there a way to set it where only certain profiles automatically open on certain devices?

Kind of the way you can go into the config file for an extender and set it where that extender goes straight into a certain profile? My kids have Tab3's and there are certain movies I don't want them to access period, so I created a kids account but that stay signed in toggle field doesn't work. Whenever I close out and reopen the app, I have to choose between profiles again.

Edited by godbodian

Redshirt

I'll have a look at the "stay signed in" toggle. I've got an open issue for it on github. I may have forgotten about it. 

In the meantime, an option may be to enable the 'hide from login screens" server setting for the account you don't want the kids to see. MBC ignores that setting for now, so it would only be the mobile clients that are affected by it.

Redshirt

I'm not sure. 7illusions has been moving pretty fast. If he's got support for manual log in or hidden users then he likely supports that server option.