Mounting Shares under a User

Cyberloard

Cyberloard

Hello,

I have a feature request,this is more for Windows as I suspect that it may be doable under Linux with the right tweaking.

The thing I would like to see is the ability for Emby to connect to a share under a user and password. I can get Emby to connect to a share so long as it allows guest access(something I don't really want). I know that if your using a higher end NAS system you can hide a  guest share or set permissions to read-only,but if your using a consumer/semi-pro NAS then your ability to do that may be limited. The example I'll use is my WD my cloud EX2, I can create shares and set permissions to Users,however because of this Emby can't use it. This particular NAS can be set to have people connect with out a username and password but it make the share full Read/Write which isn't fully ideal.

So all in all I would like to see the option to tell the server connect to a network share under a particular user or perhaps the ability to see mapped drivers. I'm sorry If I'm not explaining things in a clear matter or if the ability to do these thing are present and I'm not seeing them.

Thank you.