PS4 app

skank

Ingolfius

Hey Morty, forgot Emby for ps4. Use another option for your media. The handling is creepy and not worth for buying a pro version.

MortiestMorty

Was hoping to get my Emby to work, since im paying for Emby Premiere. Not working on PS4 or Xbox for me now, on Xbox im stuck at the "Get Emby Premiere" screen, and on PS4 i cant even connect to my Emby.

Ingolfius

I used Emby also with Premiere on my ps4, but handling is so bad and laggy. Its the same on my LG-TV nativ App. It seems that the development on some devices isnt high prio.

• 7 months later...
hjason7812

Hello, was wondering why on the new updated emby version that the pause menu when watching a video doesn't have the poster and information of what you are watching anymore?

All it has now is the name where the poster was and that is it.

Is there a setting somehwere that turns this back on?

Thanks

Hello, was wondering why on the new updated emby version that the pause menu when watching a video doesn't have the poster and information of what you are watching anymore?

All it has now is the name where the poster was and that is it.

Is there a setting somehwere that turns this back on?

Thanks

There will be an info display coming, so stay tuned.

• 3 weeks later...
hjason7812

Is there a way to turn off the annoying netflix type thing that asks if you're still watching? I like to fall asleep with the tv on and this makes it hard for that to happen.

Is there a way to turn off the annoying netflix type thing that asks if you're still watching? I like to fall asleep with the tv on and this makes it hard for that to happen.

Hi @@hjason7812, yes it's in the app's playback settings. Please let us know if this helps. thanks.

• Like 1

hjason7812

Found it thanks. Must be a new setting wasn't there before. Also what is going on with the new display info you told me about? Still no poster or info at the pause screen anymore. Thanks

• 6 months later...
hjason7812

Haven't gotten to it yet but hopefully soon. Thanks.

is there any update for this yet? it has been awhile since i asked last time and i see the new look is coming out for everything else except the ps4.

Still have no poster or info when you pause a movie or tvshow like we used to would be nice to have that back again instead of just the name of what you are watching.

• 1 month later...

Just an update:

PS4 Update 7.50 Fixes Web Browser Video Playback

• Prior to the release of PS4 update 7.50, the quality of the video player in the web browser was pretty poor, with images noticeable squashed. Now however, it’s all been patched up and works fine, so you can enjoy some quality videos via the PS4 browser.