PS4 app

skank

Do ps4 support DLNA?

If so, it should show up in emby under a list of devices to cast to.

Emby also creates a DLNA library on your network, so if ps4 can find other computers on your network, emby will show up as a media server.

You can then browse and playback media from your libraries :)

Vidman

Do ps4 support DLNA?

If so, it should show up in emby under a list of devices to cast to.

Not nessassarly , the ps3 DLNA implementation is only a media player but not a media renderer therefore you can not cast to it, but you can access your emby media from the ps3 menus, I don't have a ps4 so I'm not sure if the same applies Edited by Vidman

My PS4 sees the Emby Server however i am unable to play the media files I have. It works fine with playing thru DLNA on my TV though.

I'm thinking the DLNA profile for PS4 is broken or incomplete.

Yeah tried it.

For me its worthless so far

It seems emby and i can connect

However not one single cover.. So not appealing

Ried playing a 3d iso movie in 2d, ps4 says it cant play it

Tried an mkv, it plays but i get no audio..

Didnt try even further..

Edited by skank

• 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

Just tried it.

However most of my movies dont play

3d iso mvc dont play in 2d

Mkvs stutter like hell

Hdmv folder dont play?

What kind of files does it play?

Just tried it.

However most of my movies dont play

3d iso mvc dont play in 2d

Mkvs stutter like hell

Hdmv folder dont play?

What kind of files does it play?

Hi there @@skank, we're sorry to hear about this. In order to best help you, please provide the information requested in how to report a media playback issue. Thanks !

mgworek

It had no problem with an mp4 I played. I played one mkv and it had random video stutter for .1 of a second but wasn't to bad and only happened a few times. It was an older mkv that I've never watched so i won't say its the app. I will play a newer MKV tonight and see what happens but so far its working for me.

It had no problem with an mp4 I played. I played one mkv and it had random video stutter for .1 of a second but wasn't to bad and only happened a few times. It was an older mkv that I've never watched so i won't say its the app. I will play a newer MKV tonight and see what happens but so far its working for me.

Thanks for the report !

mgworek

I can't watch the full movie due to it being Christmas movie time :) but I just tried Suicide Squad mkv.

1st attempt black screen with audio in the background. No video ever came up. Couldn't back out. Closed the window and reloaded Emby.

2nd attempt. Played trailers and movie. I got 3 mins into move and 0 problems.

The thing I noticed was cinema mode. I go into playback settings and cinimea mode is not checked but it's doing it. When looking at settings, none of the check boxes are clickable in any of the settings so not sure if someone is enabled or not or if I'm changing anything.

mgworek

I was using the stick to move the cursor around and it was over it and i couldn't click them. Even if I was wrong, cinema mode was not checked but it was still playing trailers

• 2 weeks later...
dcrdev

I can't get this to connect to my server - I believe it's because I'm using a letsencrypt certificate and the PS4 doesn't have the correct CA certificate installed for that to be trusted. Normally the PS4 browser would prompt you to continue past an untrusted certificate, but I believe because the connection is being made in the background using JavaScript that does not happen.

I've done some digging and it seems you can't import certificates into the PS4 certificate store; but to be fair it's not really a topic that shows up much in search results. I'm surprised that this has not been raised by other people as I would imagine most people would be using the default self signed certificate with Emby.

mgworek

Just wanted to say that I tried the app last night for the first time in awhile and played all my mkv's perfectly. Last time I had trouble getting it to play anything. Will try avi's and mp4's when I get the chance.

• 3 weeks later...
pushka7

Not all file types play on the PS4 through DNLA - are there any timescales on when there will be an app for PS4? Not having one gives PLEX a massive advantage 

• 2 weeks later...

When I go to the website, all I get is a black screen.

Hi, it seems to be fine here. Double check that you have an active internet connection and that the ps4 software is fully up to date. Enjoy.