IMDB Title Matching

Lighthammer
Go to solution Solved by ebr,

Lighthammer

Hey all,

Merry Christmas!

I wanted to make a suggestion of a feature I've been thinking about for a while.

I'd like to see a feature that if you have the reference point already in the title, that IMDB will know, without any other information, what entry it's supposed to be grabbing.

For instance, lets say my title is this: Miracle On 34th Street [iMDBtt0110527], Emby wouldn't guess if the title is Miracle On 34th Street (1994) or Miracle On 34Th Street (1947). It would know unquestionably that its the 1994 version. 

In an ideal world, I'd like to have the title be Miracle On 34th Street [tt0110527] (without stating the source clearly), but I know with the array of databases referenced now and what might be referenced later, this might get harder to not have a specific database in the title to get this result. 

• Solution

We already support the IMDb id or tmdb id as a tag in the file name but it is probably just as easy to use the identify feature or just include the year in parens ().

Deathsquirrel

IMDB is not a metadata source for Emby.  The IMDB ID is used for TMDB lookups.  As EBR said, just having the movie release year in the title in parens will hive a perfect match nearly every time.

Redshirt

Just to expand on ebr's comment because I couldn't find it in the wiki. To have the id in the folder name, the correct format is moviename [imdbid=xxx] or moviename [tmdbid=xxx]

Redshirt

Yes, but including the year is a much simpler solution so I would lean that way instead.

That's my preferred naming scheme too, but the tmdb search isn't as good as it could be and emby is just a moody bitch lately when it comes to correcting misidentified content. I added 'Room (2015)' and emby identified it as 'War Room (2015)'. I also added 'Joy (2015)' and emby identified it as 'The Joy of Mozart (2015)'... I kept correcting Joy and emby keeps switching it back to the incorrect title. The only way I was able to correct them was to add the tmdb id to the folder names. It's bonkers that a title is automatically matched to something that has 3 more words in the title. Emby is better than this, emby has been better than this.

That's my preferred naming scheme too, but the tmdb search isn't as good as it could be and emby is just a moody bitch lately when it comes to correcting misidentified content. I added 'Room (2015)' and emby identified it as 'War Room (2015)'. I also added 'Joy (2015)' and emby identified it as 'The Joy of Mozart (2015)'... I kept correcting Joy and emby keeps switching it back to the incorrect title. The only way I was able to correct them was to add the tmdb id to the folder names. It's bonkers that a title is automatically matched to something that has 3 more words in the title. Emby is better than this, emby has been better than this.

I can reproduce that but that's what's coming out of the omdb search so there's not much we can do. usually it's very accurate though. i'll notify the developer.