Possible to exclude home videos?

lazyboy0172

lazyboy0172

Now that the ability to sync home videos has been added in the most recent beta build, i'm sure you've been looking forward to the inevitable questions regarding when it can be removed...sorry about that. So that's my question! We have an option to sync music or not; could we add the option to sync home videos or not? These end up in the "Movies" category of Kodi, and anything from that category in Emby for myself is very out of place in that area of Kodi. In the meantime I've had to remove the category from Emby entirely to get kodi in order, but hopefully that won't have to be my permanent solution as I'd still like to be able to access this content from the emby app on my phone or roku (where it does not show up in the Movies section). Other than that the new beta build is working great! The new sync speed is unbelievable. Faster than kodi's own sync, even. Thanks for all the hard work!

• Like 1

lazyboy0172

hmm...maybe this is an update to the emby server? I was checking a different instance of kodi in a guest bedroom that is not on the beta repo (it was on .62) and the home videos were showing up in its movie and tv sections as well. Removing the content from emby has solved it for now, but strange to me as I thought it was the latest beta that did this.

Logos302

you can fix this by going on the server (web client) and changing the preferances and changing the My views, in the home page settings.

Angelblue05

I will try to explain the best I can. Kodi doesn't have a home videos category. Home videos are added as a bare minimum movie entry.

If you are using the Kodi shortcut for movies, it returns all content type movie. So it will return the home videos along with movies.

To correct this, point your home screen to your emby views instead (either the video nodes or playlists). This way you'll get the same separation you do in the webclient

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Angelblue05

blublub

I will try to explain the best I can. Kodi doesn't have a home videos category. Home videos are added as a bare minimum movie entry.

If you are using the Kodi shortcut for movies, it returns all content type movie. So it will return the home videos along with movies.

To correct this, point your home screen to your emby views instead (either the video nodes or playlists). This way you'll get the same separation you do in the webclient

You mean in Kodi we should make shortcuts which directly point to emby view "movies" and "home videos" thus avoid using the internal kodi movie view/database as that one combines all file types which are movies - correct?
  • Like 1

chrisoldroyd

i fixed it, was a sub menu still pointing to all movies. one thing that is strange is artwork is slow to load compare to last beta, scrollling 500 plus collection of covers was perfect now images are slow to show up.

I would also like to see an option in the Kodi plugin to exclude home videos. Currently I have a selection of Mountain Biking Videos that I access via a shortcut in Kodi which works great, but I would prefer to keep them out of the movies list. What I've now done is to exclude access for all users to them, this works fine in Kodi but if users want to view them in Emby they can't :(

Angelblue05

You mean in Kodi we should make shortcuts which directly point to emby view "movies" and "home videos" thus avoid using the internal kodi movie view/database as that one combines all file types which are movies - correct?

I'll consider it, however it's really simple to keep your home videos separate from your movies. Just don't use the Kodi shortcut, instead point the home shortcut to use the Emby Movies view.

Edited by Angelblue05

chrisoldroyd

Yes I can again confirm that something is up with movie posters. I'm using Titan skin and previously images were instant and fast scrolling all images were visible. Now they are just blank when scrolling fast and slow to populate when selecting all movies.

I have confirmed this on three different Windows boxes and all the same.

Edited by chrisoldroyd

blublub

I'll consider it, however it's really simple to keep your home videos separate from your movies. Just don't use the Kodi shortcut, instead point the home shortcut to use the Emby Movies view.

I would appreciate it also to choose which libraries to snyc into kodi DB - as I am still trying to get Kodi to work with Control4 which would then sync my home videos to which I don't want :-)

Angelblue05

Yes I can again confirm that something is up with movie posters. I'm using Titan skin and previously images were instant and fast scrolling all images were visible. Now they are just blank when scrolling fast and slow to populate when selecting all movies.

I have confirmed this on three different Windows boxes and all the same.

Yes, I am looking into it. :) Please refrain from posting issues unrelated to the thread as they will get lost.

xnappo

None of the other clients allow for excluding views, if you don't want your home videos, don't add them to the server, or just use the view specific links.

• Like 1

ExMPBob

Thanks for the info. I've made a shortcut direct to the Emby movies view, but when I click it the Options menu automatically pops up. Has anyone else experienced this? Also, it seems like by using this method you also lose the automatic box sets.... you can still get to them through Emby via Sets but it seems far neater the way it was.

Edited by ExMPBob

Angelblue05

@@ExMPBob

Yes someone else has posted about it. I'm currently looking into it.

Can you check this post, try the suggestion of refreshing playlists: http://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/29151-options-menu-appears-when-opening-home-movies-and-other-weird-behaviour-with-version-1168/?p=281693

Let me know.

You shouldn't lose access to boxsets. Make sure in settings > Videos > Group into boxsets is enabled.

Edited by Angelblue05

CBers

In Emby server, home movies/videos should be set up as Content Type = Home videos.

They then won't be synced to Kodi via the addon.

Angelblue05

No. They will sync. The support for home videos content was added in beta.

There's a lot of things Emby offers that is not available in Kodi. Like home videos. Kodi doesn't have a media category for it. Their way to import home videos is by making a bare minimum nfo as a movie type item.

So if you use home videos (which are infact movies in Kodi), to have the separation between them and movies, you just need to not use the Kodi Movies default shortcut which is set to display all content type movie.

It's like having tv shows and anime. The Kodi tvshow default shortcut returns tvshows and anime together, because anime are type tvshows.

That's why you need to use the Emby shortcuts on your homescreen (either video nodes or playlists that are generated automatically for you) to get the same separation you would get in the webclient.

I wanted to avoid dynamically generate home videos like channels, incase users have a lot of home videos. This approach would be very slow for them. However if it's too problematic to import home videos as bare minimum movie entries, I can always change it...

Edited by Angelblue05

Angelblue05

Remember that no other client gives you this option. No other client gives you the possibility to hide content. If you don't want content to show. Why are you adding it to emby?

Anyway, I hate saying no, the feature request to disable certain video library from syncing will come. Just not this instant as I'm still ironing out bugs. Thanks for understanding.

• Like 1

CBers

I don't have home videos in Emby, just wondering why they would be added to Kodi if there is no comparative option.

If I misread what was posted and that they aren't added as Movies in Kodi, then ignore me and I'll crawl back under my rock :)

xnappo

Kodi only knows TV shows and movies, so they are added as movies, but there are tags to separate out the collections.  The only issue is that if you look at the Kodi 'All Movies' node, you get all movies... But that doesn't cause any actual problems other than people not knowing how the addon operates.