Has anything do with fanart images changed in .65?

emko

I got the new version was forced to redo the database and now the spotlight in the skin Artic Zephyr fanart images don't show to fix this i have to go into tv shows and let each fanart load once and after that they show in the spotlight same goes for the movies. Its like Kodi has to load the images once for them to be able to show in the spotlight. Covers do show without problem its just the background fanart.

Was there something changed in this version? i have been using the betas for a while and never had this come up before today.

Angelblue05

Nothing changed for artwork. It is the same process as before. The only change was made to actor primary artwork.

Is it constantly doing it, even after a Kodi restart?

yea restarting changes nothing, the backgrounds i fixed by letting it load in the tv show/movie view still work but not the rest as i would have to look at each movie/tv show.

Edited by emko

Angelblue05

Ok @@emko are you using our version of artic zephyr from ashes?

Let me know, and I'll test it out a bit later today.

Do you have the cache artwork setting enabled in the addon settings > sync option?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok @@emko are you using our version of artic zephyr from ashes?

Let me know, and I'll test it out a bit later today.

Do you have the cache artwork setting enabled in the addon settings > sync option?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i am using the default  artic zephyr from Kodi skins repo

cache artwork is enabled 

Angelblue05

Ok, I see the bug. I will look into it when I wake up. Thanks for reporting!

Edit: It seems the problem is related to the script skin helper. I will check why, as I'm not sure at first glance. Are other skins (like confluence displaying correctly with a Kodi restart?)

Edit2: Found the mistake. Will update beta as soon as I finish fixing next episodes. Thanks for your help testing :)

Edited by Angelblue05

Ok, I see the bug. I will look into it when I wake up. Thanks for reporting!

Edit: It seems the problem is related to the script skin helper. I will check why, as I'm not sure at first glance. Are other skins (like confluence displaying correctly with a Kodi restart?)

Edit2: Found the mistake. Will update beta as soon as I finish fixing next episodes. Thanks for your help testing :)

yea no problem its the least we can do :)

Thanks, love that it imports so fast now :) and that you now show whats getting imported instead of a number 

Edited by emko
  • Like 1

i cant get it to work  refresh  emby playlists always gives a error telling me to check the logs

16:48:55 T:24972   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.NameError'>
                                            Error Contents: global name 'librarysync' is not defined
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "C:\Users\emko\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.emby\default.py", line 130, in <module>
                                                Main()
                                              File "C:\Users\emko\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.emby\default.py", line 85, in __init__
                                                modes[mode]()
                                              File "C:\Users\emko\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.emby\resources\lib\entrypoint.py", line 380, in refreshPlaylist
                                                lib = librarysync.LibrarySync()
                                            NameError: global name 'librarysync' is not defined
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--

kodi.log

Edited by emko

Gosh. My bad, silly typo. 

Can you quickly test this? If it works, I'll push to beta right away, thanks.

no problem, the refresh did something i closed kodi opened it but still same result do i need to do something else?

fP9tLBw.jpg?1

i am doing a full db reset maybe it will work then

kodi.old.log

Edited by emko

Angelblue05

Ok let me know if the reset fixes it back to normal. The issue was located in the playlist creation. It was missing a closing tag in the xml, causing the script skin helper to crash when it tried to load fanarts. 

Ok let me know if the reset fixes it back to normal. The issue was located in the playlist creation. It was missing a closing tag in the xml, causing the script skin helper to crash when it tried to load fanarts. 

sorry i cant tell what happened some are showing some are not i am not sure if its just a cache from before when i manually looked at these movies, is there a place these images are cached? so i can deleted it and do a db reset again?

Angelblue05

hmmm. I am using artic zephyr and all fanarts are showing with 1.1.66.

To try again, go into the Kodi directory (%appdata\Roaming\Kodi\userdata) and you can delete the thumbnails folder. Then in the database folder, delete textures13.db. (of course, make sure if you are not using hte masterprofile, to go inside the profile folder instead and delete accordingly)

Sorry that you are having this difficulties :(

Edited by Angelblue05

hmmm. I am using artic zephyr and all fanarts are showing with 1.1.66.

To try again, go into the Kodi directory (%appdata\Roaming\Kodi\userdata) and you can delete the thumbnails folder. Then in the database folder, delete textures13.db. (of course, make sure if you are not using hte masterprofile, to go inside the profile folder instead and delete accordingly)

Sorry that you are having this difficulties :(

its no problem, i deleted textures13.db before i seen your post i am in the middle of another full sync 

does Emby add the images into the Textures13.db? "auto add images to the kodi texture cache" its on during the db reset should it be adding the images?

Angelblue05

Exactly what the setting does. The setting forces the add-on to cache processed artwork to Kodi's textures13.db.

Edited by Angelblue05

Exactly what the setting does. The setting forces the add-on to cache processed artwork to Kodi.

Well i think there is a issue unless the db is very good compression Textures13.db is 56KB and i have a pretty big library 

i can't upload the log its 71MB and zip is 10MB

Angelblue05

textures13.db only holds info. The images that are cached in textures13 are added to the thumbnails folder. :)

However the number is very small... My textures13.db is 1mb.

textures13.db only holds info. The images that are cached in textures13 are added to the thumbnails folder. :)

However the number is very small... My textures13.db is 1mb.

i am just saying it didn't change in size from start of full sync to finish

now i deleted the thumbnails folder and the textrues13.db running the db reset again 

Edited by emko

ok result from deleting the thumbnails folder and textures13.db  same problem

start of sync textures13.db is 36KB at finish its still 36KB

MyVideos93.db is 26MB just to get a sense of library size

Edited by emko

Angelblue05

Still no fanart showing? Edit: Give me some time to look into this... I don't know what could explain the outcome you are having. I'll get back to you. According to your last log, the script skin helper looked to be fine (as in, no more crash)

567f349281f39_fanart.png

Edited by Angelblue05