Direct Play broken after update

nekromantik
Go to solution Solved by Angelblue05,

nekromantik

Hi

I just been updated to latest version of Emby beta and now I cant play direct play videos.

It says direct play failed 3 times and then starts to play transcoded. 

Logs show nothing. 

Any idea?

My setup is Emby running on Laptop which is then using files stored on my NAS.

Playing files via the laptop and Emby browser is fine.

nekromantik

I would assume it only needed credentials to access the Emby server. Which I have given. Either way the credentials for NAS and Emby are the same. 

In the Network Credentials I use Emby IP not NAS.

Angelblue05

Ok, if you entered the Emby IP, I assume your paths are also defined with the IP like \\{ipaddress}\path\to\content in your emby library?

nekromantik

Ok, if you entered the Emby IP, I assume your paths are also defined with the IP like \\{ipaddress}\path\to\content in your emby library?

Correct.

In Emby server settings it has \\NASIP\MyMovies 

And Emby can connect to NAS fine. 

Edited by nekromantik
  • Like 1

Angelblue05

Can you try flipping the slashes around (you could use path substitution to test it). Otherwise, the file protocol doesn't get appended to the path. Kodi can't open //NASIP/MyMovies. You use SMB right?

Edited by Angelblue05

nekromantik

Yes sorry typed in wrong. 

I use SMB correct.

Log attached. 

edit:

going to sleep now will check back in the morning. Merry Christmas btw :) 

kodi.log

Edited by nekromantik

Angelblue05

Merry Christmas to you too!

You'll need to enable debug (set to Info) in the add-on settings > advanced tab.

You can also disable Kodi debug, it is useless to us and just makes it hard to see what's actually going on.

Post a new log when you get the chance. Thanks :)

nekromantik

Merry Christmas to you too!

You'll need to enable debug (set to Info) in the add-on settings > advanced tab.

You can also disable Kodi debug, it is useless to us and just makes it hard to see what's actually going on.

Post a new log when you get the chance. Thanks :)

Hi

Hope your having a good day.

Something strange is going on. Kodi debug is turned off and Emby debug is on however I am getting no emby messages in log only kodi still debug messages.

Plus TV shows work fine but movies dont. Now Im seeing a "item not in library remove?" message on all movies. 

• Solution
Angelblue05

I don't have this issue. If you get this message it means direct paths were inserted into the database. Can you make sure you have playback mode set to addon (in the addon settings > sync option). Perhaps do a database reset to be on the safe side.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

nekromantik

I don't have this issue. If you get this message it means direct paths were inserted into the database. Can you make sure you have playback mode set to addon (in the addon settings > sync option). Perhaps do a database reset to be on the safe side.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks that fixed it.

Had to do a reset. Something must have gone wrong. 

• Like 1