Emby LiveTV Playback Error - No compatible streams are currently available.

AmericanCrisis

AmericanCrisis

Exactly as the title suggests... Here is the error:  

Playback Error - No compatible streams are currently available. Please try again later or contact your system administrator for details.

This has been going on for a few days now.  I haven't made any changes to my configuration.  I'm unable to play any channels.  I'm using the HDHomerun Extend.  The Extend works with the "View" app via Andriod.  Any ideas?

I wasn't able to generate a log for the error.  Unsure why it didn't generate a log. 

AmericanCrisis

Hi, for media playback issues, please see how to report a problem so that additional information can be provided. thanks.

Yes Luke thanks for that I know how to report a problem :) it is just that the error isn't generating a log.  If you want me to post irrelevant logs I will but that would be pointless right?  In fact, starting playback on a channel doesn't even show up in "Active Devices".  Playing a movie, however does.  

Autobott

I am encountering the same error while attempting to use Live TV through web page and windows app.  Pulling my hair out, WMC tunes just fine ;)

I assume this is the error you would want to see:

2015-12-22 23:02:16.1584 Error MediaSourceManager: Error getting media sources
*** Error Report ***
Version: 3.0.5781.7
Command line: C:\Users\Taylor\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server\System\MediaBrowser.ServerApplication.exe -service
Operating system: Microsoft Windows NT 6.2.9200.0
Processor count: 4
64-Bit OS: True
64-Bit Process: False
Program data path: C:\Users\Taylor\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server
Application Path: C:\Users\Taylor\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server\System\MediaBrowser.ServerApplication.exe
One or more errors occurred.
MediaBrowser.Model.Net.HttpException
   at MediaBrowser.Common.Implementations.HttpClientManager.HttpClientManager.<SendAsyncInternal>d__1b.MoveNext()
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
   at MediaBrowser.Common.Implementations.HttpClientManager.HttpClientManager.<SendAsync>d__5.MoveNext()
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
   at MediaBrowser.Common.Implementations.HttpClientManager.HttpClientManager.<Get>d__0.MoveNext()
   at MediaBrowser.Server.Implementations.LiveTv.TunerHosts.HdHomerun.HdHomerunHost.<GetChannelsInternal>d__6.MoveNext()
   at MediaBrowser.Server.Implementations.LiveTv.TunerHosts.BaseTunerHost.<GetChannels>d__4.MoveNext()
   at MediaBrowser.Server.Implementations.LiveTv.TunerHosts.BaseTunerHost.<GetChannelStreamMediaSources>d__1e.MoveNext()
   at MediaBrowser.Server.Implementations.LiveTv.EmbyTV.EmbyTV.<GetChannelStreamMediaSources>d__70.MoveNext()
   at MediaBrowser.Server.Implementations.LiveTv.LiveTvManager.<GetChannelMediaSources>d__38.MoveNext()
   at MediaBrowser.Server.Implementations.LiveTv.LiveTvMediaSourceProvider.<GetMediaSourcesInternal>d__0.MoveNext()
   at MediaBrowser.Server.Implementations.Library.MediaSourceManager.<GetDynamicMediaSources>d__19.MoveNext()
InnerException: System.AggregateException
One or more errors occurred.
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ValidateEnd(Task task)
   at MediaBrowser.Common.Implementations.HttpClientManager.HttpClientManager.<SendAsyncInternal>d__1b.MoveNext()
InnerException: System.Net.WebException
The request was aborted: The request was canceled.
   at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.EndGetResponse(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
   at System.Threading.Tasks.TaskFactory`1.FromAsyncCoreLogic(IAsyncResult iar, Func`2 endFunction, Action`1 endAction, Task`1 promise, Boolean requiresSynchronization)
Edited by Autobott

AmericanCrisis

Ok I got it to work. I noticed under the server tab for live TV there were two tuner devices for the HDHR with two different IP addresses listed.

I logged into my router and under attached devices there was only one of those IP addresses listed. I then deleted the tuner with the IP address that wasn't in the router page.

Immediately went to live TV and playback of NBC started right away.

Question: my router is acting as DHCP and switching IP addresses for the HDHR. I think the old address is hanging around on the server and confusing things. So what do I do to fix this?

My initial thought was to reserve the current IP address being used to the HDHR. But how do I set up static IP address for the HDHR?

Perhaps another solution would be to have Emby run a task more regularly to clean this up?

Autobott

I actually noticed the same tuner deal on mine, so set a reservation for the HDHR and deleted the second entry, but still no live TV for me :/

Ok I got it to work. I noticed under the server tab for live TV there were two tuner devices for the HDHR with two different IP addresses listed.

I logged into my router and under attached devices there was only one of those IP addresses listed. I then deleted the tuner with the IP address that wasn't in the router page.

Immediately went to live TV and playback of NBC started right away.

Question: my router is acting as DHCP and switching IP addresses for the HDHR. I think the old address is hanging around on the server and confusing things. So what do I do to fix this?

My initial thought was to reserve the current IP address being used to the HDHR. But how do I set up static IP address for the HDHR?

Perhaps another solution would be to have Emby run a task more regularly to clean this up?

Thanks jhugh!  I was having the exact problem so took a look and had a second IP address listed for my tuner. Deleting the no-longer-assigned address fixed it for me.

• Like 1