Opera - "There was an error playing the video."

ThermoDust

ThermoDust

When trying to play through Opera v34 I am presented with the error message "There was an error playing the video.". I have tried a couple videos and none of them play. On Chrome, IE, Firefox, or Edge it seems to work fine.

Ideas?

server-log.txt

It looks like maybe we're trying to direct play something that opera doesn't support. if you can find out what that is, we can add an exception for it.

ThermoDust

Are you looking for file types or codecs used? As 99% of my stuff is in MP4. But this even happens when trying to play a video that requires transcoding. The video I have in my logs were able to direct play in Chrome.

ThermoDust

All I can track down so far is this error from the logs that looks like it is the service rejecting it.

2015-12-22 15:37:47.5425 Error HttpServer: Error in HttpConnection.BeginReadRequest. ConnectionId: 039666ac4e65425892bc525387e5fdf7

*** Error Report ***
Version: 3.0.5781.8
Command line: C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server\system\MediaBrowser.ServerApplication.exe -service
Operating system: Microsoft Windows NT 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1
Processor count: 2
64-Bit OS: True
64-Bit Process: False
Program data path: C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server
Application Path: C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server\system\MediaBrowser.ServerApplication.exe
Unable to read data from the transport connection: An established connection was aborted by the software in your host machine.
System.IO.IOException
  at System.Net.Sockets.NetworkStream.BeginRead(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size, AsyncCallback callback, Object state)
  at SocketHttpListener.Net.HttpConnection.BeginReadRequest()
InnerException: System.Net.Sockets.SocketException
An established connection was aborted by the software in your host machine
  at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.BeginReceive(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size, SocketFlags socketFlags, AsyncCallback callback, Object state)
  at System.Net.Sockets.NetworkStream.BeginRead(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size, AsyncCallback callback, Object state)

i mean in terms of the video characteristics, not the emby logs. finding out the reason why opera doesn't like the file

ThermoDust

I cannot find any reason.... I checked the codec information and it matches to what Opera supports. Also, why would it not be able to play a video that is transcoded, such as MKV?

post-8973-0-97784400-1450893153_thumb.jpg

maybe it doesn't like the LC aac profile in that file above. Chromium's documentation (which opera is based ), says LC is not supported, but we've enabled it because Chrome seems to handle it.

As far as the transcoded video, I've resolved that for the next release. Opera was being mis-detected as chrome.