Odd channel sorting issue

Morphy

Hi I have MPExtended Emby beta (1.3.2.933) and MediaPortal 1.9 back end and have an issue with channel 1 appearing towards the end of my list and 2 appearing after 3. On Kodi these channels sort OK but with Emby its not. I've tried playing with the settings in the plugin but no joy. Any ideas which way to go to troubleshoot this please?

pünktchen

In TVServer sort your channels to your needs in your favourite group, for example "All Channels".

Not under the first tab "Channels"!

In MediaPortal plugin use "Default" channel sort order and enable "Channel index".

After this you have to trigger a guide import refresh in Emby!

• 4 weeks later...

I've had the same thing.

Channels order in MP don't replicate in Emby. Sometimes a number shows at the side, other times it's not. It used to be right after I refreshed 3 times but that seems to have stopped now.

Not a big issue as the TV works well.

• 5 weeks later...
pünktchen

Anyone work on the sorting problem? Or can give a solution to have a good ordered channellist..

In TVServer sort your channels to your needs in your favourite group, for example "All Channels".

Not under the first tab "Channels"!

In MediaPortal plugin use "Default" channel sort order and enable "Channel index".

After this you have to trigger a guide import refresh in Emby!

Sorry about the repost, but there's nothing more i can do from plugin-side!

It's absolutely stable for me this way.

pünktchen

The channel indexes from your Emby channel overview screenshot show me i'm sending the correct order to Emby.

The problem with Emby is, if it gets only one time a "false" channel ordering, it's really hard to get rid of it.

You could try this:

• Shoutdown Emby Server
  • Delete "C:\Users\<YOUR USERNAME>\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\cache"
  • Delete "C:\Users\<YOUR USERNAME>\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\metadata\livetv"

If it's a fairly new Emby installation and you haven't put too much effort in your libraries:

• Delete "C:\Users\<YOUR USERNAME>\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\data\library.db"
  • Delete "C:\Users\<YOUR USERNAME>\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\data\refreshinfo.db"

• Start Emby Server
  • Trigger "Clean Database" task
  • Trigger "Refresh Guide" task
Edited by pünktchen

• 1 month later...
benjamoomin

Hi @pünktchen

I've had to do a lot of rescans at the mediaportal tv server end recently, and I'm now struggling to get the channels sorted in emby correctly. If I look on the channel list through the web app I've got a few channels which have been given the same ID. The channels are being sorted by the IDs, but as things have moved around some channels have stuck with old IDs whilst others are using new IDs.

I've tried the steps above (apart from the bits in red) a couple of times, and also tried to remove and reinstall the plugin, but still getting a few issues.

If the channel list/epg is all held in the db files, is there currently a way to clear out the live tv data and start from scratch without affecting the other data held for the rest of emby's library?

If not currently, is there maybe a way for this to be incorporated into the plugin, maybe a new button to clear all data. Then a rerun of the refresh guide task would then presume be starting a fresh?

Thanks!

jds828

@pünktchen,

It does seem to be mixing them up again. The first 10 look ok then they all seem to go wrong. 

I did notice the MP Plugin I use unticking some but I sorted that issue. I'll have a better look into it when I'm home.

Thanks

pünktchen

Unfortunately manipulation the database is way beyond my coding skills [emoji20]

We have to ask @@Luke if the clean library task would remove all live tv database entries after uninstalling a live tv plugin?!

Edited by pünktchen

benjamoomin

Success for my situation at least. This is the only solution I've found to work:

Change the channel group to one that does not contain any of the channels you wish to show, do a guide refresh, then go back and change the channel group back to what you want and do another refresh of the guide. Done.

I find if I keep the same channel group, and then change the sort order (default, name etc) and/or tick/untick the channel index option, refreshing the guide doesn't change anything at all.

Previous to that I tried many combinations of uninstalling the plugin, cleaning the databases, restarting emby, deleting the cache folder mentioned previously, reinstalling the plugin, and refreshing the guide, but still the same channel order persisted. I can only think that the channel data is being stored somewhere else or is not being cleaned in the database.

Hope this helps others, but it would be nice if there was a tidier process :-)

• Like 2

aliander12

Thanks!! Solved my problems as well. :)

• Like 1

• 6 months later...
Vitale4

I connected to my EMBY today and also noticed that my Channels were out of order and does not appear to be any reason to the order.  I see a couple of ways to reset, but am a bit confused - can someone provide the steps on how I can ensure the Guide comes up in Channel Order.  

I am using the XMLTV.XML File - wonder if it is related to that

pünktchen

So I am using EMBY Natively and Emby Theatre. I don't use a plugin for this. or am I missing something

Ah, okay. Then you are wrong here. This thread is about problems with the MediaPortal live tv plugin.

Success for my situation at least. This is the only solution I've found to work:

Change the channel group to one that does not contain any of the channels you wish to show, do a guide refresh, then go back and change the channel group back to what you want and do another refresh of the guide. Done.

I find if I keep the same channel group, and then change the sort order (default, name etc) and/or tick/untick the channel index option, refreshing the guide doesn't change anything at all.

Previous to that I tried many combinations of uninstalling the plugin, cleaning the databases, restarting emby, deleting the cache folder mentioned previously, reinstalling the plugin, and refreshing the guide, but still the same channel order persisted. I can only think that the channel data is being stored somewhere else or is not being cleaned in the database.

thx, now i am able to change "something"  :P

Sadly for me no combination of the available options works!

I have sorted my channels for emby in an own group:

post-79448-0-90506700-1476990159_thumb.png

In earlier emby versions sorting with the channel numbers or at least sorting it in the group worked.

With 3.0.8200 & 1.5.0.0 plugin version sorting for me doesnt work with any of the following option combinations:

• Sorting: default, channel index NOT ticket -> Emby doesnt sort channels correctly
  • Sorting: default, channel index ticket -> Emby doesnt sort channels correctly
  • Sorting: Channel id, channel index NOT ticket -> Emby doesnt sort channels correctly
  • Sorting: Channel id, channel index ticket -> Emby doesnt sort channels correctly
  • Sorting: Channel Name, channel index NOT ticket -> Also here Emby doesnt sort channels correctly
  • Sorting: Channel Name, channel index ticket -> Emby doesnt sort channels correctly

Any hints?

Maybe i have setup something wrong?

How could ill help to sort this issue out?

thx

pOpY

Have you checked your guide settings?

58095a422349b_guide.png

Did not know that there is another sort setting  ;)

But it was set to "channel number".

post-79448-0-37788500-1477031068_thumb.png

I had not looked in Web -> Live-TV - Guide, the section i was looking was Web -> LiveTV -> Channels.

but ill assume its the same ordering?

Can you please explaing how emby sort the channels on the different settings?

• Channel ID
  • Channel Name
  • And optional with the channel index ticked?

I had no success with all combinations.

Every time i changed somtehing i did the workaround mentioned by "benjamoomin".

It seems everytime after i did the workaround, changed back to the right emby channel group and changed the sort settings "something" changed, but the channels never gets sorted like they are in the emby channel group seen in setuptv.exe from mediaportal.

How can i help you to identify the issue?

Should make logs, if yes what should ill set?

thx

pOpY

Edited by popy

pünktchen

Sort order "default" is the visible sort order you can see in TVServer.

Sort order "channel id" uses TVServers internal number that you see in the tuning details, if you edit a channel.

Sort order "name" uses, you can guess it, the channel name.

In every case MPExtended never returns any self assigned channel numbers. This is just missing in MPExtended!

Because of this, the plugin creates its own channel numbers (depending on the sort option) from 1 to unlimited with the option "enable channel index".

I think my plugin is doing all right here - it is an Emby problem.

I could create a plugin version with further logging, that shows you how the plugin delivers your channels to Emby?

Sort order "default" is the visible sort order you can see in TVServer.

Sort order "channel id" uses TVServers internal number that you see in the tuning details, if you edit a channel.

Sort order "name" uses, you can guess it, the channel name.

In every case MPExtended never returns any self assigned channel numbers. This is just missing in MPExtended!

Because of this, the plugin creates its own channel numbers (depending on the sort option) from 1 to unlimited with the option "enable channel index".

I think my plugin is doing all right here - it is an Emby problem.

I could create a plugin version with further logging, that shows you how the plugin delivers your channels to Emby?

thx for the the detailed infos.

this would be my preferd sort order: Sort order "default" is the visible sort order you can see in TVServer.

Would be nice if you could create a debug version.

I will make a log  ;)

thx

Vitale4

turns out the resolution was hiding the grid icon.  Without seeing it, I was unable to change it.  Thanks for the feedback, I posted the question in a different forum and also received the corrective action.

Also i had some success on sorting the channels in guide, but the sort order in "channels" section messed up.

I had to remove the option "place favorite channels at the beginning":

post-79448-0-21087400-1477217667_thumb.png

Then the guide looks like this:

post-79448-0-51742300-1477217692_thumb.png

this matches my sort order in mp:

post-79448-0-88818400-1477217752_thumb.png

but sadly the channels section sorting isnt right:

post-79448-0-71055400-1477217783_thumb.png

Currently i have set the following in the plugin section:

post-79448-0-98149000-1477217836_thumb.png

Any hints to also get "channels" section sorted correctly?

thx

pOpY

Edited by popy