Live_Tv Emby

Bert

How do I get these folders to keep from showing up or get deleted?  I get ten or twenty then go in and manually delete them but it's very annoying.....I must be doing something wrong?

At least two kinds get generated, presumably from ServerWMC or Emby.  One is Live_TV Emby.......the other is Recorded_TV Emby......I assume this is where the transcoding gets put temporarily.  Then they show up as folders in my recorded tv section of Emby blank and make going through the library a pain.  Sorry should have been more clear.

Ok, at the moment it's not configurable, sorry. If we took those folders away, how would you get to the content?

Luke, they're not the folders that actually contain the media.  They are presumably temporary folders created inside the folder that contains my television media as a temporary working spot for the live tv.  I'll get the screenshots later but they're basically a folder named Live_TVblahblahdatetime and inside is a video file.  Basically what was created and then sent to my device as "live tv".

Edited: Due to Neanderthal Grammer

Edited by Bert

AgileHumor

I had this problem as well.

I suggest you choose a different location for recorded TV and then move recorded programs to your TV folder.

MCEBuddy may be a good option that can handle the move (and even remove commercials).

I then use script (CMD file running hourly)  that delete all but X (typically 1) latest episode  so that I don't end up with too many recorded TV episodes I don't want.

Edited by AgileHumor

Ha, wasn't the answer, but lead me there.  I had MCE Buddy setup to copy from my recorded tv directory for WMC to a moved tv directory.  I don't really trust it to remove commercials so I use DVRMSToolbox to commercial skip and now have it working so if someone clicks recorded tv in WMC or go through Emby to the tv section it automatically skips commercials including on extenders but doesn't cut.  Only drawback is that there are two copies of the files.  Anyway this copy procedure was actually copying from the tempSWMC file I believe.  Unchecking the monitor sub-directories should resolve my issue.  This will make it much more usable for TV......Thanks!

PS Do you know of any way that I can automatically hide or delete empty folders?  Not a big deal but it'd be awesome if it only showed you shows that had an available episode.  Most stuff we don't keep.

mjktg99

PS Do you know of any way that I can automatically hide or delete empty folders?  Not a big deal but it'd be awesome if it only showed you shows that had an available episode.  Most stuff we don't keep.

Whenever I delete a file through emby, if its the last file it also deletes the folder as well.  I usually use the web or android phone app to delete.

EDIT: I also use mcebuddy and move the files to a folder that is classified as 'video' in emby not a TV folder.  I don't know if this plays into how the empty folder gets deleted as well.

Edited by mjktg99

EDIT: I also use mcebuddy and move the files to a folder that is classified as 'video' in emby not a TV folder.  I don't know if this plays into how the empty folder gets deleted as well.

Think this might be key.... Been playing computer all morning so will test this..... Wonder  what is lost in Emby going from TV to Video if anything.