Crystal - Soft-locking computer, and not showing some collections

iam4uk

leedavies

Sounds like only the reflection is showing.  Again, could very well be an image size thing as MCML simply doesn't display something that won't fit in its container.

That was my initial thought, but Poster doesn't show reflections.

I've tried tiny cover sizes and huge cover sizes and they all work fine for me. Will be interesting to see the screengrab.

But you're all good now, yes?

No, the original problem of random collections in Crystal locking up persists.  I can fool the program into letting me back into those collections by changing the view style for that collection within Default Theme, but that is a very crude and annoying situation.  You noted that you thought something about Crystal exclusively could cause that, so I am hopeful for a fix in a Theme update version.

Thanks again.  To put action to the word "thanks," I purchased Breeze.  Only lack ROC now, among registered themes you've produced for MBC.

• Like 1

amadeo36

I had the same problem using ROC theme in thimb strip view.

I have decreased the size of covers and now it seems to work normally, without crashes.

But for me, the covers are very small now.
I used this theme in MB2 with bigger covers without problems
It would be fantastic if you could solve this issue.

Thanks for your work, leedavies.

Edited by amadeo36
  • Like 1

Lee, I reduced the cover image sizes in each collection in Default Theme.  Then I tested Crystal, ROC and Breeze again.  The various odd and crash-inducing behaviors are not persisting through those quick tests. 

I remember how it came to be that I set the images to such large dimensions originally when using Default Theme upon first upgrading to MBC from MB2.  I wanted vertical scroll with only one column of movie cover images, so I grew them until I got that result.  Those sizes work in the stock/free themes, but not with all the graphical enhancements of the premium themes.  It does make sense.

Thank you for the insights and assistance troubleshooting.

• Like 1

leedavies

Lee, I reduced the cover image sizes in each collection in Default Theme.  Then I tested Crystal, ROC and Breeze again.  The various odd and crash-inducing behaviors are not persisting through those quick tests. 

I remember how it came to be that I set the images to such large dimensions originally when using Default Theme upon first upgrading to MBC from MB2.  I wanted vertical scroll with only one column of movie cover images, so I grew them until I got that result.  Those sizes work in the stock/free themes, but not with all the graphical enhancements of the premium themes.  It does make sense.

Thank you for the insights and assistance troubleshooting.

No problem - you had me puzzled for a while there...  lol

You have a 72" screen and cover image sizes could that could probably be seen from space!!! :-)

I will look into any size limitations in my 3 themes, as you should be able to specify whatever size cover images you want.  Within reason, because of course one would run out of screen space.

But you're all good now, yes?

• Like 1

you could just change the display preferences key used by the theme so that nothing else is lost except for the theme's settings. so give the theme a way to add some version info into it's key in the event that breaking changes are made.

• Like 1

I've captured some screenshots, and tried to upload them here.  The full reply editor tells me the max file size is 280.41 kb, and my screenshots exceed that.