CoverART & HD-DVD

ebr

It's not the client, it's the server that doesn't recognize HDDVD rips.  The fact it is still in the configurator is just left over from MB2.

When I was using MB2, Cover Art was able to display HD-DVD's fine.  I am setting up my newly installed MB-Server with CoverART4.  Seems that the covers do not display correctly on the MBC client.  Plus, they will not play and I don't know if this is due to CoverART or TMT5?  With MB2, everything worked fine.  I have attached pics so you can see my settings and see the issue.

Thanks,

Rob

post-1441-0-13038800-1386617361_thumb.jpg

post-1441-0-77064500-1386617377_thumb.jpg

post-1441-0-22209600-1386617386_thumb.jpg

post-1441-0-24420600-1386617400_thumb.jpg

It's not the client, it's the server that doesn't recognize HDDVD rips.  The fact it is still in the configurator is just left over from MB2.

I see.

Am I the only one out here who still has an HD-DVD collection?  It's only about 20 titles but it would be nice to have them displayed in the system and even nicer to play from a common source.  TMT5 can play them, but the Server doesn't recognize them.  Oh well, maybe 4k media will hit the shelves someday.....

Thanks ebr

it isn't really that simple because our core server functions will not work with hd-dvd, and we are not going to invest the time to get it to work. So if we add the recognition then we end up with a lot of core features that don't work with hd-dvd. Which sets a bad impression. And then I have to tell our ui developers to that they have to dis-allow hd-dvd streaming because the server isn't capable of it. And they don't like it when I spring things like that on them.

The MBServer does not recognize HDDVD rips as movies.  It is a long dead format.

If you can convert them to something that is recognized, then you can put "HDDVD" in the Source Type field and CoverArt will give them an HD-DVD cover.

The MBServer does not recognize HDDVD rips as movies.  It is a long dead format.

If you can convert them to something that is recognized, then you can put "HDDVD" in the Source Type field and CoverArt will give them an HD-DVD cover.

If I launch TMT5 separately and then have it play a folder located on the Server which is an HD-DVD folder, it plays fine.

But what you're saying is that MBC Client will not recognize the fact that the folder is an HD-DVD and therefore not know what to do with it despite me having set it up via the Confiurator to use TMT5 for HD-DVD's?  Why is the HD-DVD option in the configurator?

Thanks,

Rob

Yes, CoverArt will handle them fine as far as putting an HD-DVD cover on them.  But, you need to get them in a format the server can deal with.  The best course of action here would be to translate them into a format the server can deal with and, if you still want to designate them visually as having been HD-DVDs, then you can tell CA via the method I referenced above.

Rms8,

How many HDDVD rips do you have?? @@ebr Would this work for him?? http://mediabrowser.tv/community/index.php?/topic/1998-cover-art-hd-dvd/

I'll give this a try, THANKS.  I have about 20-30 HD-DVD's total.  All my media is still packed in boxes from when we moved. I still have an LG dual format player, but I may start seeking the Bluray version on ebay or something.  Some I really like, such as 12 Monkeys.

My next issue I can't seem to resolve is getting TMT6 to playback DVD's via MBC.  I can do it manually by starting TMT6 and navigating to the DVD folder on the Server, but can't seem to get it to play from the MBC UI.  I see the movie, I click on it and see the info on it and it will start at the DVD Menu, but when I click Play, it takes me back to MBC.  I'll search the forums before posting help.  I'm sure there are plenty who are using TMT6 (I hope).  I still have TMT5 as well.