Help with Install

Grumpy1

Grumpy1

Been a long time Plex user and love where Emby is going so i want to try both plex and Emby

Since i have a 2012 Samsung ES8000 i need to install Plex the same way Emby is installed(user apps), But every time i install Emby it deletes Plex and vice versa .

Are you only allowed to have 1 user app installed on Samsung at a time or is there a way around this.

Didn't know if this is the best place to ask but couldn't find anything searching Google.

thanks

FrostByte

That's not how it works on my F8000.  I have to re-add my Emby shortcut to MyApps whenever I install a newer version, but it doesn't delete other apps.  I know @SamES has the same model as you and is very smart, maybe he can help.

FrostByte

Makes sense.  I believe Plex is on the Samsung store now so maybe reloading Plex from there would eliminate the issue, you just wouldn't have the latest and greatest developer version of Plex though

Edited by FrostByte

Grumpy1

The problem is not having more than von app, the problem with developer apps is that you only can have one devolper account which is synced to one specific IP. If you change the IP it completely syncs all apps from the new developer server and deletes apps from another developer IP.

Ok that makes sense, didn't know that it worked that way.

Makes sense.  I believe Plex is on the Samsung store now so maybe reloading Plex from there would eliminate the issue, you just wouldn't have the latest and greatest developer version of Plex though

Yeah that does work but like you said the newer versions run a lot better :)

edit-Just downloaded the zip  for Emby and ran both plex and emby through Sammy Widgets and all is good now :)

thanks guys

Edited by Grumpy1
  • Like 1

If you have a NAS or something running a webserver at home, you can manually download the packages for both services and host them yourself.

I haven't tried hosting two packages from the same host but I expect it should work fine.  This is actually how I host the current Emby client for myself, this allows me to quickly swap test versions.

If you need some tips on getting it running, let me know.

Edited by SamES

Grumpy1

If you have a NAS or something running a webserver at home, you can manually download the packages for both services and host them yourself.

I haven't tried hosting two packages from the same host but I expect it should work fine.  This is actually how I host the current Emby client for myself, this allows me to quickly swap test versions.

If you need some tips on getting it running, let me know.

Thanks

I actually got them both working through Sammy Widgets.

• Like 2