When I did some tests today regarding a problem from another user, I noticed a weird Server behaviour using WebClient on Chrome. I hope it's reproducable.
- Subtitle Setting: Play just forced
- MKV with internal subs, all NOT default and NOT forced
- one external sub named after naming convention "<filename>.ger.forced.srt"
- Even if the external forced srt exists, ffmpeg starts to do an internal sub extract job parallel to the original transcoding process and ignores the existing external forced sub
- When killing the sub extract ffmpeg processes manually, the Video starts immediately in WebPlayer.
- This bug occurs with video streamcopy and total transcoding on latest Chrome, but not on Firefox.
This happens with every file with internal and external subs. Samples attached for 2 files (Mediainfo, Transcode log). Last week the behaviour was not present and Emby respected the sub setting.
Edited by shorty1483, 17 December 2015 - 04:56 AM.