Can't play Blu Ray

tobby

Hi

I can't play BluRays. Their file structures are just the same as on the original discs, just copied to hdd. BluRay ISOs aren't working either, but the logs are for blu-ray-copies, not blu-ray-isos.

When doing it over HTTPS: Log: http://xbmclogs.com/p4kc0mjus

Error 1: http://xbmclogs.com/p4kc0mjus#line-287

02:43:54 177.893723 T:1781527616   ERROR: /storage/.kodi/addons/script.module.requests/lib/requests/packages/urllib3/util/ssl_.py:100: InsecurePlatformWarning: A true SSLContext object is not available. This prevents urllib3 from configuring SSL appropriately and may cause certain SSL connections to fail. For more information, see https://urllib3.readthedocs.org/en/latest/security.html#insecureplatformwarning.

Error 2: http://xbmclogs.com/p4kc0mjus#line-291

02:43:55 178.799805 T:1781527616   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.KeyError'>
                                            Error Contents: ('ChannelLayout',)
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.emby/default.py", line 125, in <module>
                                                Main()
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.emby/default.py", line 36, in __init__
                                                entrypoint.doPlayback(id)
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.emby/resources/lib/Entrypoint.py", line 28, in doPlayback
                                                item = PlaybackUtils().PLAY(result, setup="default")
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.emby/resources/lib/PlaybackUtils.py", line 49, in PLAY
                                                playurl = PlayUtils().getPlayUrl(server, id, result)
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.emby/resources/lib/PlayUtils.py", line 42, in getPlayUrl
                                                playurl = self.transcoding(result, server, id)
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.emby/resources/lib/PlayUtils.py", line 191, in transcoding
                                                playurl = self.audioSubsPref(playurl, result.get('MediaSources'))
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.emby/resources/lib/PlayUtils.py", line 290, in audioSubsPref
                                                channelLayout = stream['ChannelLayout']
                                            KeyError: ('ChannelLayout',)
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--

Followed by: http://xbmclogs.com/p4kc0mjus#line-312

02:43:56 179.594910 T:1967050752   ERROR: Playlist Player: skipping unplayable item: 0, path [plugin://plugin.video.emby/movies/a911561f2e829a784fc24e1ed7d32ad1/?filename=index.bdmv&id=a911561f2e829a784fc24e1ed7d32ad1&mode=play]

And when doing it over HTTP: Log: http://xbmclogs.com/pmctpcyfo

Error: http://xbmclogs.com/pmctpcyfo#line-256

03:02:51  90.676041 T:1579152448   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--

- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.KeyError'>
                                            Error Contents: ('ChannelLayout',)
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.emby/default.py", line 125, in <module>
                                                Main()
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.emby/default.py", line 36, in __init__
                                                entrypoint.doPlayback(id)
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.emby/resources/lib/Entrypoint.py", line 28, in doPlayback
                                                item = PlaybackUtils().PLAY(result, setup="default")
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.emby/resources/lib/PlaybackUtils.py", line 49, in PLAY
                                                playurl = PlayUtils().getPlayUrl(server, id, result)
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.emby/resources/lib/PlayUtils.py", line 42, in getPlayUrl
                                                playurl = self.transcoding(result, server, id)
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.emby/resources/lib/PlayUtils.py", line 191, in transcoding
                                                playurl = self.audioSubsPref(playurl, result.get('MediaSources'))
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.emby/resources/lib/PlayUtils.py", line 290, in audioSubsPref
                                                channelLayout = stream['ChannelLayout']
                                            KeyError: ('ChannelLayout',)
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--
03:02:51  91.358276 T:1967542272   ERROR: Playlist Player: skipping unplayable item: 0, path [plugin://plugin.video.emby/movies/a911561f2e829a784fc24e1ed7d32ad1/?filename=index.bdmv&id=a911561f2e829a784fc24e1ed7d32ad1&mode=play]

Anything I can do?

Angelblue05

Go to the metadata manager in emby, and refresh the content that's giving you trouble (sometimes Emby content can have missing media info, so this is to force it to retrieve the information). Then try to playback again.

Let me know if it fixes your issue.

Hi

Thanks for your fast reply!

Just tried it - it doesn't change anything :(

But would be strange if this is the problem - because all non-bluray-movies and all bluray-converted-to-mkv-movies are working fine. Just/only "native" copies of blurays are causing these problems. In the web app the same "native" blurays play fine.

Angelblue05

Can you grab a screenshot of the media info then? In the webclient, scroll to the bottom of the content, you should see the specs. Thanks :)

Here you are :)

Sorry, it's German but I think it's self explaining. If not I will switch the language to English and do another screenshot.

Maybe the 0x480 pixel resolution of the second video stream is the problem?

5670d750b7a3a_mediainfo.jpg

• Like 1

Angelblue05

Ok, the lack of channellayout is missing (5.1, etc). I guess I will have to adjust the setting. Are you able to start the playback from the webclient and send it to the Kodi device? If it works, then you can use that as a workaround until the next beta release. I will fix it for the next version.

You only have this problem because you are transcoding. I think if you direct stream, it would be ok.

Edited by Angelblue05

Thanks! No, its not urgent, so I can wait for the beta/stable release :) Ah, would be cool to see this before christmas, but take your time. Glad that you already found the reason why this is not working :)

cw-kid

How do you tell if Kodi is direct streaming? Clicking on the "Active Devices" in the Emby server dashboard doesn't seem to do anything any more, it use to tell you there if it was direct streaming or transcoding etc.

I can play Blu-ray ISOs perfectly fine over the LAN using Kodi with the Emby add-on. 

I haven't got any BDMV folder rips so couldn't try that.

I know previously at my brothers house (remote location) he could start to play a Blu-ray ISO and it would transcode and start playback, but then wasn't watchable as it kept buffering too much, probably my servers CPU not up to the job of transcoding it fast enough. 

Angelblue05

Mouseover the active device doesn't work? Have you tried refreshing the page? Nothing changed for progress report to the server. When you play something in Kodi, do you at least see the Kodi device under active devices?

Perhaps a kodi log will tell us what is happening.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cw-kid

No mouse over the active device does nothing. I have refreshed the page in Chrome browser and yes the Kodi devices are appearing OK as an active device. 

I just opened it in MS Edge browser instead and mouse over works OK in there. 

So I just closed Chrome browser and reopened it but it still doesn't mouse over the active device and bring up the information about the streaming session. Something up with Chrome I guess. 

• Like 1

cw-kid

So I went ahead and rebooted my Windows 10 laptop and its still the same in Chrome browser no mouse over action etc.

I then restarted the Emby server but that made no difference either.

The green progress bar along the bottom of the "Active Device" in the dashboard seems to be working OK though. 

Will have to try chrome browser on the iMac instead see if that works? 

I'll try it asap, but (as it was a christmas present) it's at my girlfriends home atm. So I can't take look before middle of January.

• 1 month later...

Hi

Tested it about a week ago. It doesn't crash anymore - it does play it nice and smooth :) But there is a problem with the selection of the audiotrack and the subtitles. It always plays the track/subtitle one below of what I chose.

So if the BluRay has three audio tracks, say English, Spanish and German, and I select English, then I get Spanish. If I select Spanish, I get German. Same with the subtitles.

• Like 1

Angelblue05

Ok, I'll check it out, thanks for reporting.

@@tobby

Are you transcoding? Or are you saying in the Kodi audio/subtitle selection via the osd? Let me know.

Edited by Angelblue05