Australian Patental/Content Rating not listed for most movies on TMDB

cylon

It looks like MBS is pulling the Parental/Content Rating tag from TMDB which doesn't have a rating for most Australian movies. IMDB does have these ratings

It would be good if there was an option to set the preference for where to pull metadata from on a field by field basis.

Hmm, that is a bit of a stumbling block. If someone pays for access to the IMDB API and then embeds their API key in an IMDB plugin and charges for said plugin would that fall within the usage policy for the plugin? Or does each unique IP accessing the metadata need their own API key?

Edited by cylon

IMDB will not allow you to re-sell their data.

Also, last I checked, their data was very expensive.

OK, thanks for clearing that up. It is very interesting that the MetaBrowser IMDB plugin does not require an API key while the Rotten Tomatoes plugin does. It looks like I am going to have to go back to using MetaBrowser for country specific parental/content rating metadata.

MetaB is probably scraping the data from a web page or obtaining it some other manner.

Unfortunately, that is explicitly illegal in this country so I'm not willing to do that in MB.

• Like 1