Can't play any media from Kodi

Lichar

Hi all,

First, thanks you very much for that awesome Emby app :D

I set up Emby server in my mac and it's working fine. I first tried to install Kodi on the mac, connect to Emby and everything was working well with that config.

Then I set up Kodibuntu on an "old" netbook of mine. I connect to emby server and it synced without problems, I can browse Emby media from the netbook. However I always get an error when trying to read a media. I first thought of a problem with mkv files but it's the same with any video file.

Nothing happends when I click to play, just a message to say "check logs".

So here is the log file : http://xbmclogs.com/putj8rptc#line-326

Thanks for any help

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

I didn't add any path substitution so they are defined as follow for the library TV Shows for example :

/Users/Charlie/Torrents/TV Shows

Should I use path substitution ?

Well I add subtitution paths and now it's quite working. When I click on pay I got an error "Unable to direct play" But the error is different in the sense that it's displayed and the top right corner with the emby logo. But the media plays right after

Here is the kodi log : http://xbmclogs.com/pv603wmcq

Angelblue05

After three times failing to direct play it automatically switches to direct stream. To test direct play, simply disable the setting in the add-on settings > playback tab > uncheck play from http. Then give it a try. If it's still direct streaming, your path are inaccessible by Kodi still, so verify the path substitution. :)

When I disable 'Play from HTTP' and try to play a movie it says "Play from HTTP enabled". So it re-enable the setting by itself and the movie plays without problems.

However music doesn't work. When it syncs I see Music (2/2), Kodi says I've got one song but none appears in the music media center. Is this link to the fact that they don't have any ID3 tags ?

But If i play it from the mac using the remote control in emby then it plays in Kodi. Weird..

Thanks for your anwers

Edited by Lichar

Angelblue05

Then your paths are still incorrect hence why it fails to direct play any of your content. It plays because it's direct streaming. What does your path substitution looks like? It needs to convert your library path (local) to a network share so Kodi can access your content from any devices on your network.

Did you enable your music library mode in Kodi? In music, open the side menu and see if library mode is enabled.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Angelblue05

Hi,

Here is a substitution path example I put :

De :                                     A:

/Users/Charlie/Music          \\Emby\Music

Didn't activated the library mode in Kodi. I don't see where to do that, there isn't any side menu in music. Maybe because of my theme ?

:$ Thought I gave my server the name Emby but I didn't. So now I put my machine name in the path and music is working. However most of it is on an external disk and thus emby has to scan it again if I disconnected it :/

How were the movies and TV shows working if the path wasn't good ? As it began to work when I put those wrong paths.

Thanks

xnappo

If it can't access video files directly, it will try to stream them over HTTP instead as a backup.  Kodi doesn't let us do that for music though.

• Like 1

Logos302

User a share inside a user directory might give you unpredictable results. Might try moving say you music Or something small to a folder outside of you /user/ folders (now this is a windows user talking, it might be different under ubuntu.)