folder rip streaming

swan27matt

swan27matt

I recently upgraded my "server" and since the new Emby install I have not been able to stream most of my movies locally or remotely with the android app or web UI. Prior to the upgrade everything worked perfectly.   I believe everything is shard appropriately.  What is interesting is that there are a handful of movies that will play in the same Movies folder created with in days of each other. The only similarity I can see is that movies that will play  show the detailed media info  while the ones that do not play only show the path. I am not able to find any other common denominator as to why one will play over the other.  I am able to play all movies through WMC Emby on  of my pc's.  I installed the Emby server on 2 other computers and added a few test movies and I also was not able to stream.  Any insight would be appreciated. Thank you

server log.txt

transcode log.txt

Streaming of folder rips has always been considered experimental:

\\\\SERVER\\Movies 1\\MainMovie\\3 Days to Kill (2014)

Can you try some plain video files?

swan27matt

Thank you for the quick response. Yes .Mp4's will stream.  I am confident this is user error as I have only ever used folder rips and movies I was able to stream and sync in the past no longer work