Emby not workin on DLNA device

tmataraza

JAAlperin

Hi Luke.

I created a test FreeNAS server at release 11.2-U1 and repeatedly installed versions of Emby-Server under iocage.  I have resolved that version 3.5.3.0 plays to my Oppo BDP-93 properly, but no version 4.x.x.x does so.  The earlier 4.0.x.x versions are not seen by the Oppo, and the more/most recent 4.1.0.16 version plays wrong episodes as I described on March 23.

I would test 3.6, but could not find a emby-server-freebsd_3.6.x.x_amd64.txz file to use.  Can you point to one or send me one?

• 3 weeks later...
JAAlperin

Hi Luke.

When I browse to 4.1.0.26 the Oppo BDP-93 locks up.  It has to be turned off and on to get it working again.  I have not seen this before.  I'll get debugging logs tomorrow.

Thanks for your continued interest.

I've pushed an update to the Dlna plugin. Please try that once you have it. Thanks.

JAAlperin

Hello, and thank you, Luke.

With DLNA plugin 1.0.12 on 4.1.0.26 the Oppo BDP-93 can again browse.  However, the "plays wrong episode" problem persists.  No matter what episode I select in a season, episode 1 of that season is played.

Do you want logs?

Thanks again for your continued interest.

Edited by JAAlperin

No I don't think it will have anything useful. I vaguely recall this being reported a long time ago and fixed so i'll try and see if i can find what we did in the past. Thanks.

• 1 month later...
JAAlperin

Hi Luke.

Nothing new for "plays wrong episode", I presume.

Am I correct that the version of the DLNA plugin is relevant, not the Emby server version (assuming 4.x.x.x)?

Edited by JAAlperin

JAAlperin

Hi Luke.

Tried 4.2.0.8b with DLNA 1.0.16.0.

Oppo BDP-93 now hangs when browsing a season of a TV series.  Episodes do not appear, and player becomes unresponsive.