Emby not workin on DLNA device

tmataraza

JAAlperin

Thank you softworkz.

However, Emby is the only DLNA server running on FreeNAS or anywhere else on my network.  I've searched from the OPPO and other devices for media servers and only see Emby.

So you are seeing Emby. 

Which Emby are you seeing? The 3,3 version? Or the 3.6.80 version? Are you running both at the same time?

BTW, what is an "iocage jail" ?

JAAlperin

Jails are a FreeNAS mechanism for encapsulated virtual machines.  FreeNAS is transitioning from warden jails to iocage jails.  The technical differences would require more conversation than I think worthwhile here.  The latest version, FreeNAS 11.2, supports both, but future versions may not.

I have had Emby 3.3.1.0 installed in a warden jail for many months, and 3.6.0.80 installed in an iocage jail for two days.  I run one or the other, but not both at the same time.

3.3 supports my OPPO BD-93 flawlessly.  On 3.6 the OPPO reports "Loading" forever.

Thank you for your continued interest and help.

Thanks for the explanation. I don't know the virtualization techniques on FreeNAS, but there's a chance that the binding from one 'cage' remains active on the host even when after the guest has stopped.

As mentioned before, this shouldn't be a problem normally, but it is with the current .net core runtimes.

If there's some way to make 100% sure that there's no leftover binding - I can't tell.

Maybe you could try to fully disable the 'cage' containing Emby 3.3, restart the system and start the 3.6 version then.

Please also post a log from the 3.6 version so we can be sure that it's not some other problem.

JAAlperin

No chance that there is still a binding.  I have also rebooted FreeNAS in between uses of 3.3 and 3.6.

A Roku and a WD TV Live can browse 3.6  Only the OPPO has been disturbed.

Regarding posting log, I sort of did so in my initial post.  Note that the OPPO seems to make the same request (and receive the same data) to eternity.  Posting another log will just give you more entries like the last two pasted in.

Regarding posting log, I sort of did so in my initial post.  Note that the OPPO seems to make the same request (and receive the same data) to eternity.  Posting another log will just give you more entries like the last two pasted in.

I don't want to see more of those entries, I want to see the full log from startup until the problem occurs.

JAAlperin

Restarted Emby 3.6.0.80.  On OPPO selected My Network - got "Loading" for maybe 30 seconds, then Emby showed up.  That sequence is instantaneous on 3.3.  Next, clicked on Emby (to browse) - got "Loading" for a minute or two, then I cancelled (would never end).  That sequence takes one or so seconds on 3.3.  Three logs are below.

Thanks again for your help.

embyserver-63681437368 20181226 1609.txt

hardware_detection-63681437377 20181226 1609.txt

embyserver 20181226 1612.txt

Edited by JAAlperin

Thanks for positing the logs.

This seems to be a different problem than the one I suspected.

@@Luke - any idea regarding the dlna communication?

I'm not sure. There's probably some issue with older devices. I'll have to test on all the devices i have available to see if i can reproduce. Thanks.

JAAlperin

I'll be happy to test (if you suggest something).

Would my custom profile information be of use?

By any chance can you make available the old Roku Emby app that used to work with 3.3.1.1 (the new app tells me that my server version is too old)?

JAAlperin

Anything further gentlemen?

If I stay on 3.3 my friends and family can no longer access my Emby server (Roku Emby app reports server is too old).

If I go to 3.6 I can not access Emby from my OPPO BDP-93 (an old, but otherwise excellent device).

I've experimented with changes to the user profile for the OPPO, but have still not successfully connected BDP-93 to 3.6.0.80.

You need to install Emby Server. The instructions are in the quick start guide I've provided to you already. Thanks.

JAAlperin

I installed the 3.5 emby server plugin for FreeNAS.  My Oppo BDP-93 sees it and browses it just fine.

It appears that the problem I previously described is related to 3.6.

I installed the 3.5 emby server plugin for FreeNAS.  My Oppo BDP-93 sees it and browses it just fine.

It appears that the problem I previously described is related to 3.6.

That's interesting, thanks for the info.

JAAlperin

But, still no love.  3.5.3.0 works OK for Oppo BDP-93 and WD TV Live.  However the Emby app on Roku crashes.  Log shows:

2019-01-05 10:49:02.804 Error App: Error in ffprobe
    *** Error Report ***
    Version: 3.5.3.0
    Command line: /usr/local/opt/emby-server/system/EmbyServer.exe -os freebsd -ffmpeg /usr/local/opt/emby-server/bin/ffmpeg -ffprobe /usr/local/opt/emby-server/bin/ffprobe -programdata /var/db/emby-server -updatepackage emby-server-freebsd_{version}_amd64.txz
    Operating system: Unix 11.2.0.0
    64-Bit OS: True
    64-Bit Process: True
    User Interactive: False
    Mono: 5.10.1.57 (5.10.1.57 Thu Dec 20 09:44:11 UTC 2018)
    Processor count: 8
    Program data path: /var/db/emby-server
    Application directory: /usr/local/opt/emby-server/system
    System.Exception: ffprobe failed for file:"/tv/Active/Corner Gas/Season 4/Corner Gas s04e14.mkv" - streams and format are both null.

I assume this was due to the known ffmpeg problems with 3.5.0.3.  I tried to upgrade ffmpeg per gbarone123, but 11.1 is not supported and I keep getting errors in the make build process.

So, Looks like I'll have to run two Emby servers - one for me (and my Oppo) and one for my remote Roku friends and family.  Not the end of the world, but inelegant.  Probably have to remove all metadata and non-media files from libraries, and tell servers to keep that stuff separate.

Any chance 3.6 will support Oppo BD-93 in near future (before I make changes)?  I there another server version I could try?

Edited by JAAlperin

We are still looking into it. I  just have not been able to reproduce this yet on my test devices. Thanks.

JAAlperin

Had been running 3.5.3, but it suddenly stopped communicating with Oppo BDP-93.  Restarted Emby, no go.  Restarted Oppo, no go.  Multiple times, no go.

Back to using the old FreeNAS 11 plugin for Emby 3.3.1.0.

JAAlperin

Continuing search for an Emby server to run on FreeNAS that will work with Oppo BDP-93 locally and Roku remotely.

Installed 4.0.0.1.  Installed Emby backup plugin 1.3.3.  Restored last night's backup (by 1.2.3 plugin on 3.3.1 server).  All libraries show twice on Home screen and in metadata manager.  Can't fix.

DLNA server is not seen at all by Oppo even with Client Discovery and Blast Alive both set to 10 seconds.