WebClient - Change Default Action (option in user profile)

ginjaninja

ginjaninja

I use the web client more for media management than as a 'viewing client'.

It would be useful to have an option to have the default action set to 'open', where it is currently 'play'.

Koleckai Silvestri

Not sure what you mean. When I click or tap on an item's icon, thumb or poster it opens and I have to click on the green play button to start playback. That is unless I click or tap on the silver play button in the lower right corner of the icon, thumb or poster.

ginjaninja

as an example if you browse a music library and click on an album...the album will play rather than open by default...its possible to open using the triple dot handle, but usually ....its too late normally and ive already clicked on it and it starts playing...

Koleckai Silvestri

Oh. I removed music from Emby and went back to shared iTunes libraries. So I can't comment on that. It doesn't do that with movies and television when I use the web client.

Happy2Play

as an example if you browse a music library and click on an album...the album will play rather than open by default...its possible to open using the triple dot handle, but usually ....its too late normally and ive already clicked on it and it starts playing...

This is only done on the Suggestion screen.

ginjaninja

This is only done on the Suggestion screen.

i guess i clicked on suggestions often, as i thought that default was more pervasive..

still i would prefer the default action to be open rather than play. maybe others will show if they feel the same.