Disable Library Base on Client

breezytm

breezytm

Hello Guys, 

I am not sure if this may be usable to most but I would like the ability to disable a library base on the client I am using. For example: On any of the Emby clients I have attached to a TV I do not wish to see the Music library. I would never use it there. It is simply occupying necessary space. I would like to disable it  but have it enabled on let's say my phone client. Similarly to collections. 

Regards, 

• Like 3

breezytm

I didn't mean to cap "B" in "Base". Just a typo. Let me reword this 

"Hide a library depend on the connected client". It can be a user profile setting. 

Edited by breezytm

hoxtonia

This would be very useful - I would like to be able to hide my books library while accessing through theatre or Android app etc but do want to be able to access through Web. ..

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

breezytm

This would be very useful - I would like to be able to hide my books library while accessing through theatre or Android app etc but do want to be able to access through Web. ..

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

UGH so good to know i am not alone here. 

Vidman

Can't you just create a user without access to that library and use that login for those devices?

but what about watched played info for the user?

Koleckai Silvestri

Can't you just create a user without access to that library and use that login for those devices?

Would be annoying when you want to track watched status across multiple people. 

breezytm

the whole idea of switching account, specially on my mobile device sounds annoying. Unlike most I have an admin account and a user account. My emby connect account is associated with my standard user account. When I login to my phone I only see my account and servers which is great. In this case I would need multiple emby connect accounts and switch between them. NO THANK YOU.

• 1 month later...
DGMayor

I was coming to suggest this as well.   Would be great to limit books and comics to just android devices for example.