Latest update does not work

optimalt

Here's the log, forgot to attache it.

that's is, and then it just shuts down? does the OS ask you to submit an error report? if so, please do that and more information will be sent to our developer account. what device is it?

Yes that's all. It shuts down, with no error or other messages.

I use Asus Transforer Prime TF201, with Android 4.1.1. It's not rooted. The app was running smoothly on this device before.

Similar issues... Live TV gives spinner for 2-3 minutes, plays audio for two seconds with no image then nothing. No error just black screen. Tested at home on WiFi, works fine. Doesnt work on cell phone or tab. The build listed on previous posts crashes immediately.

Similar issues... Live TV gives spinner for 2-3 minutes, plays audio for two seconds with no image then nothing. No error just black screen. Tested at home on WiFi, works fine. Doesnt work on cell phone or tab. The build listed on previous posts crashes immediately

what version is this with?

I am having the same issue. Black screen, white screen black screen then exit. I have a 13.5" Toshiba tablet which I love, but Toshiba is terrible. They will not update the os and won't provide the bootloader so I can root it. Subsequently I am stuck with 4.04 :( I love the size of the screen, however it was working fine and now it isn't. When I looked at the log it reads - 

15:17:32.038 [main] INFO  App - Enabling Crosswalk due to older android version
15:17:32.073 [main] DEBUG App - AndroidSyncFileRepository started. syncPath: /mnt/sdcard/emby/sync
15:17:32.140 [main] INFO  App - Enabling Crosswalk due to older android version
15:17:34.980 [main] DEBUG App - Calling MediaSyncAdapter.updateSyncPreferences with null

I am assuming the problem is my older OS? Is there a place where I can downlad the previous version and then just never update it, so I can keep using my big screen tablet?

I installed an old version. It works fine now. Just Google for it.

Thanks for the update. Glad you're up and running. I am looking into the reason for the latest version not running on older devices.

Sorry, I'll try and check my logs but for now I just wanted to add a quick note...

"Black screen, white screen black screen then exit." "crashed immediately."

Same on a Lenovo IdeaTab A2109-F.

Edited by sh0dan

• 2 weeks later...
rockftp

I am looking into the reason for the latest version not running on older devices.

Is the problem solved already and can I update to latest version?

Is the problem solved already and can I update to latest version?

Unfortunately not yet. I was able to reproduce on a test device and the issue is coming from a library we're using. I've seen a commit on their dev branch that looks like it may resolve it and am waiting on them to release it. I will update once i have more. thanks.

• Like 1

Sammy

I'm not having issues with the android app like this.. Syncing is a problem as posted in the Server forum and playback is spotty. I contributed that to a bad connection from my phone 4G.

Sammy

Yeah, I have issues with 4G too so that is why I want sync to work but not hog up all my phone's internal memory.

That said, when I look in the library now I see 3 sync jobs for the same episode but only one copy of it on my android, in the directory I created per the post above. I had to refresh it a few times on the sync screen and maybe that is why. I am about to test playback of this synced file which should be fine as I've played them back from the internal storage before quite nicely.

rockftp

Unfortunately not yet. I was able to reproduce on a test device and the issue is coming from a library we're using. I've seen a commit on their dev branch that looks like it may resolve it and am waiting on them to release it. I will update once i have more. thanks.

Thanks for your update.

• 1 month later...

I wondered if I could check in and see if the third party has patched the issue? I'm missing being able to use it on my android tablet :)

Thanks!

Sorry I should have said, same issue on latest. I wondered if the third party library issue you identified had been resolved and included in the latest emby build?