Latest update does not work

optimalt

optimalt

Hi, after updating to 2.5.41, all I get is a black screen when I run the Emby-app. This happens on both mine and my wife's phones. Saw someone reporting something similar in the Play store. Sdcard/Emby does not exist, so I cant provide logs.

rfischer1984

mine does the same thing, then i cleared cache and data and just logged in again and it the spinner just keeps spinning. Been loading for a while now. 

mine does the same thing, then i cleared cache and data and just logged in again and it the spinner just keeps spinning. Been loading for a while now. 

Hi, can you help and see post #2? thanks.

shorty1483

Weird, for me the latest Playstore beta is working. And @@Luke it runs so much faster and smoother then before.

Gesendet von meinem HTC One M8 mit Tapatalk

rfischer1984

Hi, thanks for helping out. Can you please try this build? Please supply the log if it still produces the same result. Thanks.

What build?  I didnt see any other build. 

Weird, for me the latest Playstore beta is working. And @@Luke it runs so much faster and smoother then before.

Gesendet von meinem HTC One M8 mit Tapatalk

Thanks. I found the issue which is that when the app starts it will test multiple connection methods to the server sequentially and if the first one times out it's getting stuck and not gracefully moving onto the next one. So that's being fixed.

rfischer1984

Again thanks for testing. Please try this new build. Thanks.

Seems to be working now, but im home where the server is. So I am not sure if its working because it is connecting to the local server and not trying to connect remotely. 

Seems to be working now, but im home where the server is. So I am not sure if its working because it is connecting to the local server and not trying to connect remotely. 

If you have a moment to close the app and turn off the phone's wifi, that would be appreciated. The issue before is that it was first trying the local connection and then not switching over to external. I think it should be resolved now. Thanks.

rfischer1984

If you have a moment to close the app and turn off the phone's wifi, that would be appreciated. The issue before is that it was first trying the local connection and then not switching over to external. I think it should be resolved now. Thanks.

I went and connected to my dads wifi and it seemed to work there too after shutting it down and reopening it and everything. Seemed to be working fine though. :) Thanks

• Like 1

Thank you for the support! Still the same problem for me though, but the logs are there (attached).

I think in your case it's trying to load translations we don't have files for, which we're supposed to fallback to English. it looks like something with the fallback i will have to double check. If it's not going to interrupt, you could verify this by shutting down the app, changing your system settings to english, then starting the app up.

Removed the app completely and reinstalled it from Google Playstore. After first start i get no errors. I included the log. Hope you can solve the problem.