Can't delete files on extender

Macburp

Macburp

My set-up; Mediabrowser server v.3.0.5083.27698.  Mediabrowser Classic v.3.096, Xbox 360 extender. As MB3 doesn't use entry points any more I've used the add-in described at http://mediabrowser.tv/community/index.php?/topic/2488-addin-to-launch-specific-mb-profiles-as-workaround-for-entrypoints/?p=43771 to provide me with some - I've a profile for Movies and another for Videos, with custom entry points made using MCE Themer. I'm using the the Diamond theme on both profiles.

Edited each of the required profile config files to allow advanced commands and allow file deletion. Tested this on MBC on my PC (MB server is on this machine also), worked well. However, this has not worked on the xbox?? Does the config files need to be shared with the extender? How can I resolve this.

I should also point out that settings made on MBC on the PC do not make it to the extender. Currently I have the Chocolate theme for the videos profile on the pc (as my attempts to try other themes out sent Diamond into a tizzy) and Diamond on the extender.

I've done it wrong again Dad! Any thoughts on how to resolve - I'd like to keep Diamond but would understand if I need a new theme in the brave new world of MB3.

tia.

Extenders have their own hidden Windows accounts.  The configuration files for them will be found in the user directories of those accounts.  You can copy from your normal account to those.

Macburp

OK, found that. So that I can make changes on the PC work on the extender and vice-versa, I've set up a symbolic link between my account and the extender account as follows -

Assuming the symbolic link is to the PC account -

- rename C:\Users\[PC Account]\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Classic\Configurations to Configurations-Old

- in a DOS box with admin rights

mklink /d C:\Users\[PC Account]\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Classic\Configurations C:\Users\[Extender]\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Classic\Configurations

Hope this is useful

• 3 weeks later...
stixx2002

Do you have a link that discuses the "profile config files" that you reference? I want to add the ability to delete recorded TV files as well.

• 4 weeks later...
kernelgui

This looks like it is VERY useful.  Thanks!  I've been looking for a way to change my extender profile back to classic since the rollout of chololate as the default, as my extender is continually hanging now when trying to browse.  Looking forward to trying this tonight.