Emby Tags In Kodi... I am missing something...

imadunatic

imadunatic

So I created a couple collections to play with in Emby as best I understand per this post: http://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/20300-emby-for-kodi-tags-smart-playlists/

Which makes me think it must be really simple, however, here are my collections in Emby: 

5666200387bf5_2.png

And here are the tags available in Kodi: 

566620235b1f5_1.png

I'm currently using master playlists in Kodi to create other smart playlists, but I'd like to move the master playlists over to Emby just to clean things up if you will and make most of my administration happen in Emby. 

Am I missing a setting somewhere that tells Kodi to pull tags in from Emby? It sounds so simple on that discussion I linked above so surely I am missing the obvious here. 

Thanks again for any and all help. 

Angelblue05

Collections are not tagged - they are added as boxset item in Kodi. The tags that are imported are metadata manager tags and view tags.  If you check in your movies in Kodi, is there a Christmas Collection entry?

imadunatic

Collections are not tagged - they are added as boxset item in Kodi. The tags that are imported are metadata manager tags and view tags.  If you check in your movies in Kodi, is there a Christmas Collection entry?

Yeah, I have that playlist as a widget on my Kodi installs... What is this discussion: http://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/20300-emby-for-kodi-tags-smart-playlists/ referring to: 

Saw your update as I was typing. I did manage to solve it, not immediately obvious as someone who came from Kodi so i'll put my thoughts here for anyone else that comes across this.

In Emby when you create a collection it will be assigned a tag. So for me I split out my Anime collection from normal TV and documentaries. When I imported them into Emby I setup these collections as part of the import. 

To get this working at a level you can link on in Kodi you can create a smart playlist and set "tag is <name of emby collection>" Once the smart playlist is created you can link to it in your skin of choice.

I also noted you can add your own tags using Emby if you do so wish.

Am I just misunderstanding what tragic is saying? Or can I somehow assign tags in Emby that can then be used to identify videos in Kodi (i.e. "Tags is Kevin TV Shows" smart playlist). 

Angelblue05

In the metadata manager - Go to the content you wish to tag (show or movies) and scroll near the lock section, you should see a tag option. This will instantly tag your content in Kodi so you can start to create playlists.

• Like 2

imadunatic

In the metadata manager - Go to the content you wish to tag (show or movies) and scroll near the lock section, you should see a tag option. This will instantly tag your content in Kodi so you can start to create playlists.

Good lord. Sorry for the serious ELI5 moment... that is exactly what I was looking for though. Thanks so much again Angelblue05 

One less thing that I need an administrative Kodi install for... 

• Like 1