photo orientation

hgeorgescu

hgeorgescu

Hello;

Been here in spring, and posted a few questions. Left emby aside, since it didn't really work for my purposes, but then I didn't settle on any other solution either.

So I reinstalled - restarted emby docker on my unraid, let it scan my photo folders, and checked it again. The issue I flagged in April-May, is still there despite the many upgrades since. I'm surprised no one else is complaining about it - I'm seeing the problem  on Nikon and iphone jpegs.

Perhaps if I bring this issue up again  might be attended to some time?

Thank you  for creating this application - looks very interesting and promising.

Hg

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
LLDaLastDon

I too would like this fixed. Its causing me to look elsewhere for a self-hosted gallery to share my family pictures. But I prefer to use Emby as my one stop shop.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

This is available in the beta server now, although it's best to test with newly added photos. For existing photos you may need to clear the server's image cache located in /programdata/cache/images. You may also need to clear a cache for the apps you're using. So that's why it's easiest to test with a brand new photo.

• Like 1

hgeorgescu

Thanks, Luke. This is great.

Just started again from scratch - reinstalled Emby, and building the library - I'll report back when finished.

One thing going with this functionality (feature request!) is to also adapt metadata menu section, and the sorting function to reflect features relevant to photo management

an update after building the library.

Things appear to be better relative to orientation when looking at one picture.

The thumbnails (top level view /dash) however are not all rotated.

I guess there is more work to come... :)

Thank you!

Edited by hgeorgescu