Obvious feature that should've been implemented long ago

JQP

WTF is the feature request forum?

This one is so obvious I can't believe it isn't already a part of media browser: make file/folder name text in brackets visible to Media Browser for the purposes of sorting. This way, we can just tell MB to sort alphabetically and F-O-R-C-E MB to sort and display folders and files in the order we want, but the text still won't show up in the MB interface.

you can already do this by editing the sort name value in metadata. it's even exposed in the editing interface so that you can do it from a web browser

Cheesegeezer

Gotta agree with you @@Tikuf!!!

First post and their opening line is WTF - i mean oooooooo it just warms the heart.

Anyway as Luke says - order your folders how you like in the metadata manager from the server.  I use a 00, 01, 02, etc I-N-F-R-O-N-T- of my collection folder names so they appear in MBC exactly in the order I want!!

Edited by Cheesegeezer
  • Like 1

is that supposed to mean WHERE is the feature request forum?

If so, the fact that you can't find that would point to the reason you can't order folders...

#operatorerror

#closethread

• Like 1

WTF with this thread? :)

Well the reason it not there, because you never read the KB forum threads, all explain there.

• Like 2

leedavies

Guys, the welcome wagon isn't looking too great here.  A new user has asked a question and this is the welcome he gets?

WAKE UP

@leedavis

If someone walks into a room I'm standing an and comes across as rude I will call them on it. I dont care if its a virtual room or a real one.

Rude is Rude people sometime need to be checked as quite often they don't realize how what they have said comes across.

And I am quite awake now thanks for for the wake up shout.

• Like 3

leedavies

@leedavis

If someone walks into a room I'm standing an and comes across as rude I will call them on it. I dont care if its a virtual room or a real one.

Rude is Rude people sometime need to be checked as quite often they don't realize how what they have said comes across.

And I am quite awake now thanks for for the wake up shout.

A new user may well come across as brash.  They often don't know the terminology we use every day, but we shouldn't mock them for it.

They may be astonished that something which, to them, seems such a fundamental feature doesn't exist (or can't easily be found), but we shouldn't be arrogant or rude helping them find what they seek.

We're building a community and MediaBrowser3 has a great future.  If new members are welcomed as above, it's not just that new member that's affected.  It's every new member who reads that post, sees your reply and thinks "f*ck asking these guys anything, I'm off somewhere else".

If you stand in the store my products are being sold in and start insulting potential customers before they even look at a product, then damn right I'll wake you up.

You forget I work here free and don't care about your products.

Rude is rude.

And sorry but I can and will say what I want to whomever I want however I want.

• Like 2

leedavies

You forget I work here free and don't care about your products.

Rude is rude.

And sorry but I can and will say what I want to whomever I want however I want.

It's idiots like you that will destroy all the good everyone is doing.

Latchmor

Wow, "Obvious feature that should've been implemented long ago" and "WTF..."

I'd say it's a little more than brash. I only support 55 users in my office, not 100's like this forum and if a brand new one I'd never met walked into my office and started their question with WTF, I'd ask them to leave and come back later for help if that's how they introduce themselves.

I do see both sides but manners cost nothing, especially when asking for help.

• Like 1