This web page is not available

garegina

garegina

Hi Everyone Great Program I have been using for about 3 years now and was running the server on a HTPC. As the Qnap App is officially released I am now attempting to use the Qnap Server for my HTPC.

I have a Qnap TS453 Pro. I am using Emby Version 1.151203 with Qmono 4.0.1.0.

My nas has a static ip of 192.168.0.10

When clicking on the Emby App I am constantly receiving this error. " I have been able to connect a few times as I have completed the setup and install the addon foe Kodi.

This web page is not available

ERR_CONNECTION_RESET

I also have a second NAS (TS251) in our bedroom which I am having trouble connecting to the server on the TS453  also - Is it OK to log onto the qnap server from each Qnap using Kodi with the same username or do i have to setup a second user

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

Hi, welcome. Are you sure Emby Server is started and running on your QNAP when you attempt to access from other apps?

garegina

Hi Thanks Yes I am sure - the server not found issue seems to be fixed - I'm not getting the message anymore. My issue now is when I attempt to watch TV shows using my TS-251 I get a playback fail message and the log states "ERROR: Control 61 in window 10147 has been asked to focus, but it can't".  The TV Shows are stored on the TS-453 Server Version 3.0.5781.4 and I use Kodi 15.2 on the TS-251 to view. Do i need to upload the full log ?

Thanks in advanced

hmm. server log looks fine to be honest. there is heavy activity coming from Kodi, perhaps too heavy potentially during it's syncing process. 

@@Angelblue05 do you see anything of interest in his kodi log?

Angelblue05

@@Luke Which is normal, he was going through the initial syncing process in Kodi (import all content to Kodi).

Can you please enable the add-on debug set to info (add-on settings > advanced tab > log level set to Info) There is no information captured in the log, because it's disabled. I see that you will also need path substitution on your emby server. You want your library paths to be formatted like \\{server-pc}\path\to\share. 

Edited by Angelblue05

garegina

Thanks Luke

The TS251 has been bought purely for accessing TV Shows. Its not a backup device or download station and this is the only connection going to the TS-453

I have 2 gig Ram in TS 251 - Would increasing to 4 gig help ?

Ok, i think your server is just getting overwhelmed by the syncing process of the emby for kodi add-on. They are actually in process of reworking it now to make it lighter and more efficient. Your workaround in the meantime would be to configure the add-on to not run the sync during hours in which you want to use it.

garegina

Thanks Angelblue05 - Do I need to use path substitution when the TV Shows are stored locally on the qnap that is running the server ?