Dev version (3.0.291.0) using sub views even when switched off in options

Ian-Highlander

Ian-Highlander

@@ebr

Strange little possible bug/issue in the latest dev version (3.0.291.0).

I only have this version installed on my Windows 10 test machine so it may be that it's fine on other Windows WMC builds but I'm reluctant to upgrade from 3.0.290.0 that my Windows 7 WMC machines are using just incase.

Regardless of wether "Show sub views" is ticked or not for movies or tv both have sub views enabled and it's impossible to not use them. I've tried, clearing the cache, cleanly uninstalling and reinstalling and have compared every single config option (and the config file) between 290 and 291 and they're identical.

Let me know if I can do anything else to help diagnose (although I would prefer not to install this version on my live media machines if it is going to cause that issue).

At this point, you'll need to be using the dev server with 291 for this to work properly.

The server is changing how these items are delivered.

Ian-Highlander

I see, thanks for the explanation. I'll have to copy the old version over the new one for now then.

Time to disable all auto updating on any of my systems for now I think.  :lol:

Edited by Ian-Highlander

Ian-Highlander

Just move off of Dev level updates for WMC.

Already have and thankfully EMC doesn't force updates and I run the server as a service anyway so not forced there either. ;)

Edited by Ian-Highlander

I should have marked this version as only compatible with the dev server and then you never would have seen it but I forgot about this one anomaly.

I hope to be able to implement some logic that will be compatible with old versions of the server and new ones but I haven't gotten to it yet.

Ian-Highlander

I should have marked this version as only compatible with the dev server and then you never would have seen it but I forgot about this one anomaly.

I hope to be able to implement some logic that will be compatible with old versions of the server and new ones but I haven't gotten to it yet.

Is it possible to get a build for 290 for now then for my machine that needs it please? That version is the one everything I need is fixed in but there's no way of downloading it as far as I can tell.

Just install the beta from the web site and then re-set your update level in EMC to dev and let it update and you will get the one compatible with your server.

• Like 1

Ian-Highlander

Just install the beta from the web site and then re-set your update level in EMC to dev and let it update and you will get the one compatible with your server.

Hi @@ebr

Think there may be a slight issue with the tagging or something you've done for this as it's not quite right. I just installed the latest beta, set my update level to dev and it correctly told me that there was an update 3.0.290.0, great I thought, clicked to let it do it and it then downloaded 3.0.291.0 and installed it NOT .290 so I'm in the same position.

Any chance you could correct your end so I can try again please as obviously, as you said above, I need .290 not .291.

Cheers

Edited by Ian-Highlander

solidus28

I see the same thing Ian-Highlander is with Dev EMC reporting an update to 290, but then installing 291.  Would like to have 290 back as well :)

• Like 1

Ian-Highlander

I still don't get latest item images on music videos which we never got to the bottom of (but that's not unique to this version), but other than that it seems to work as expected @@ebr, many thanks for that.  :)

Edited by Ian-Highlander

solidus28

Set my update level back to Dev, but when I check for updates it says EMC is up to date.  Doesn't seem to be finding 292.  Am I supposed to be updating from the settings within EMC or downloading it somewhere?

solidus28

Definitely set to dev, even exited EMC and logged back in to make sure it stuck. I'm on server3.0.5781.4, haven't upgraded to .5 yet. Is that it?

Definitely set to dev, even exited EMC and logged back in to make sure it stuck. I'm on server3.0.5781.4, haven't upgraded to .5 yet. Is that it?

Yep, that's it.  I always mark new versions as compatible with the current release.

solidus28

Thanks, ebr!  I upgraded the server, EMC showed an update available, and after updating, the sub views are gone when unchecked.  Thanks for the help!