Issue with Library Scan

QcGix

Hi,

I got a QNAP TS-469L that I have been using with Emby for a few months. I've always had issue for some Album to show the correct album art. Recently, I start having all other kind of issue (Web Client empty, Application stopped working for no apparent reason, Emby for Kodi very slow to start playback, etc...) so I decided to start from scratch. I deleted Emby and QMono and deleted all cache and Metadata from the NAS.

I've installed Emby again from the AppCenter (which is an older version then the latest release that I previously had) and the QMono got installed automatically as a pre-requisite.

I started to scan my whole library and again, alot of Album are not getting an Album Art. Just so you know 100% of my 23388 songs have a album art embedded in the mp3 file. I have confirm that with MusicBee, Plex and MP3Tag. All these software have no issue reading 100% of the albumart in every mp3 file.

Emby is missing ALOT of them.

By quickly looking at the log, it look like the Image Extractor keep failing but I don't understand why.

Can some one look at my log and help me?

Thanks!

Log1.txt

breezytm

I conquer. 

I do have plenty of failed artists. Only in Emby on the QNAP. Worked fine on my Windows box. My library is 110% accurate. 

FYI, I am trying a different test right now.

I've uninstalled QMono and Emby again.

I've just installed QMono 4.2.1.0 (which is the latest version from Stephane, it is not specified if it has been tested with Emby but I have nothing to loose...) and Emby 3.0.5781.4 which is the latest available (got it from QNAP forum and not AppCenter). I've disable the "Download artwork and metadata from the internet" for now to focus on the embedded album art problem. The Media Library Scan is currently running and I will update this thread with my result when it will be done.

FYI, I saw in a other thread that you had very slow performance in Emby on a QNAP. I also had the same problem. The web client is very slow. I have Plex Media server on the same NAS and it's very snappy. But I want to use Emby instead of Plex because Emby for Kodi > PlexBMC!.

breezytm

Same here. I've done some of these tests already  :D

The newer versions of emby works better on the qnap now that it did before. Still not 100% though. I would say about 70% better than before. I have plex install on my qnap and it took me about 3 hours to scan my entire library and ready for use with minimal cpu and ram. I have emby scanning my library for three days now.  :D  But I do understand the difference in design and architecture. I am sure emby team will figure it out. Sonarr is somewhat similar to emby in regards to image, from my understanding, and sonarr works just fine with no bottleneck.  

My new scan is complete. It's ALOT better like you said but still not perfect.

On 1702 albums, there are 13 albums that are having issues.

There are 5 albums that got an album art but it's all black

Disturbed - The Sickness
François Péruse - L'Album Du Peuple Tome 5

Lynyrd Skynyrd - Second Helping

Santana - Milagro

Smash Mouth - All Star Smash Hits

There are 7 albums that have no album art at all

Jerry Reed - The Essential Jerry Reed
Jonas - Jonas
Judas Priest - British Steel
Michael Jackson - Got To Be There
Paul McCartney - Band on the Run
Plume Latraverse - Chansons Pour Toutes Sortes De Monde
Yan Boivin - Boivin

There is one that I see half the picture and the other half is grey.

Ziggy Marley - Family Time - Half Picture/Half Grey

I attach the log for this scan.

Not sure if it's something more for Luke or Stephane?

Log.txt

Edited by QcGix

• 2 weeks later...
valentine

I have emby version 3.0.5781.5 running in a virtual machine on my 16GB QNAP TS-870 Pro.  The VM is running Windows 7 Professional, with 4 cores and 4GB allocated under Virtualisation Station.  The performance isn't fantastic but quite usable.  

I've now installed the QNAP App natively, which runs like an absolute dog.  This is counterintuitive.  When I did the same comparison between Plex under a VM and the QNAP App, the QNAP version running natively wins hands down.

Is there anything I can tweak to improve the performance?