Server cannot find path

tired dad

tired dad

Hello,

I have a problem that seems similar to:

http://mediabrowser.tv/community/index.php?/topic/2810-scan-media-library-hangsnever-completes/

I had the library hang on me, and stopping the server had no effect (it would say "stopping" but just hang there).  Manually stopping the server service on the actual server seemed to work except that when the Media Server started up again, it could not find the path, or said access was denied.  Removing and adding the path manually or by browsing to the UNC path did not work.

Rebooting did not help the first couple of times, until I rebooted both the server and all client machines.  At all times I was able to see the remote paths as shares and access the file, even creating and deleting dummy files within.

The dashboard then allowed for browsing to the UNC path and I was able to re-add the library.

Now, the scan is stuck at 93.9% and pressing “stop” is the same as above, but at least there are no other error messages.  Restarting the server did not help, and the log file shows that some items are not found (see below for example).

2013-12-07 16:23:31.2894, Error, ProviderManager, MovieDbProvider failed refreshing A Walt Disney Christmas \\kentaurus\Kids\A Walt Disney Christmas (1982)\Walt Disney Christmas.avi
    The remote server returned an error: (404) Not Found.
    MediaBrowser.Model.Net.HttpException
       at MediaBrowser.Common.Implementations.HttpClientManager.HttpClientManager.<GetResponse>d__3.MoveNext()
    --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
       at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
       at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
       at MediaBrowser.Common.Implementations.HttpClientManager.HttpClientManager.<Get>d__d.MoveNext()
       at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
       at MediaBrowser.Providers.Movies.MovieDbProvider.<GetMovieDbResponse>d__5d.MoveNext()
       at MediaBrowser.Providers.Movies.MovieDbProvider.<FetchMainResult>d__42.MoveNext()
       at MediaBrowser.Providers.Movies.MovieDbProvider.<FetchMovieData>d__30.MoveNext()
       at MediaBrowser.Providers.Movies.MovieDbProvider.<FetchAsync>d__6.MoveNext()
       at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ValidateEnd(Task task)
       at MediaBrowser.Server.Implementations.Providers.ProviderManager.<FetchAsync>d__e.MoveNext()
    InnerException: System.Net.WebException
    The remote server returned an error: (404) Not Found.
       at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.EndGetResponse(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
       at System.Threading.Tasks.TaskFactory`1.FromAsyncCoreLogic(IAsyncResult iar, Func`2 endFunction, Action`1 endAction, Task`1 promise, Boolean requiresSynchronization)
       at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ValidateEnd(Task task)
       at MediaBrowser.Common.Implementations.HttpClientManager.HttpClientManager.<GetResponse>d__3.MoveNext()

Any assistance would be appreciated.  I'd reboot all machines again, but my son is watching something downstairs.

Edited by tired dad

tired dad

It happened again after a power failure.  Multiple reboots and waiting have not resolved.  The remote dashboard says the server is up, but it fails on scanning the first folder after 15-17 seconds.  Attempting to start the program on the actual server PC results in an error: first UAC jumps in -- which it didn't do before -- then  several unknown exceptions pop up: "object reference not set to an instance" and "only one usage of each socket" and then those two repeat twice.  Please see attached log files.

server-63522466552.log

server-63522467152.log

unhandled_27e91cd6-da35-4483-9d3a-a74c7ccda5c7.txt

Edited by tired dad