Server constantly crashing or hanging

imagineverything

Well I'm not sure what it is, but I'm getting crazy long library scans at the 75 percent mark consistently, and my CPU spikes to 92-99 percent consistently, I have also noticed these same spikes when it appears there is no library scan going on or playback. I thought maybe it was my photos library so I removed that. I also deleted my entire collections folder from auto boxsets and had it refetch them last night. If its related to collections I guess the easiest option will be to remove the plugin and collections yet again and see if it's resolved for me for a couple days. Sending a log in PM to EBR and Luke as its littered with ip addresses.

Server Beta

Auto Boxsets Beta

Edited by BAS

Ian-Highlander

Well so far, I'm pleased to report that the old issue has not returned. I've been running autoboxsets again for about a week now and not had the unavailable library or cpu pegging issue come back as yet.

There is definitely a considerable impact on the library scan with either autoboxsets (or possibly just collections) as without collections/autoboxsets my media library scans are almost precisely 2 minutes, but with them it's anything between about 7 and 15 minutes (always seems to stop dead at around 75% for a considerable time). I'm living with this as I'd rather have the collections in place if possible. Just thought it might be something worth you guys checking though.

Thanks for the good work as always @ebr  :)

Edited by Ian-Highlander

MrWebsmith

interesting... i really hope this can be continued to be worked on as i really dont want to remove my collections or remove the auto box set... i used to (long ago) do a physical structure for these and ebr clued me in to it being much simpler with the proper metadata ids and his plugin.. and i didnt have to artificially keep making the physical folders to hold each collection.... i do agree theres "something here" with the cpu spikes and scan times related to collections..

im willing to provide logging as needed. just tell me what the devs would like me to perform, action wise, in the logs i end up posting here.

-MWS

• Like 2

While I have several users that love this collection feature, there is something definitely wrong with collections database or auto boxsets. Luke wont respond to logs in PM which is understandable. I won't post logs in public with my users ip addresses or my private dns address and I'm not filtering my IP's out. Yep I know the official how to report a problem, so I guess I won't get any help and that's fine. I'm on beta level, several updates over the weekend, none of them made this better.

The only thing that brings my server back to a usable product and not getting messages from users that the client's library is gone is by removing collections database and removing auto boxsets. Once doing this I'm no longer greeted with long library scans, especially at 75 percent, huge cpu spikes between 90-99% at random times even when there isnt a library scan going on but worse when there is. Best of all not getting messages that the library isnt appearing on clients because my CPU is melting.

I'll reinstall and setup when it get's resolved as I'm not going to build a real library structure for these as that would be like so 5+ years ago.