Multi-level movies display changed?

aslaksonal

aslaksonal

Multi-disc or multi-file movies used to display with the cover art overlayed with a number in a small green circle to show how many items there were - a main movie and a bonus dis, for example. Sometime in the past month, the display now shows each of the items as a separate selection.

I've checked the file structure wiki stuff, and it's not changed. My local file structure hasn't changed.

Here's what's worked in the past, and now doesn't:

/Spiderman
    folder.jpg
    backdrop.jpg
    folder.xml
    /Extras
        backdrop.jpg
        folder.jpg
        Extras.nfo
        movie.xml
        /VIDEO_TS
            Etc
    /Movie
        backdrop.jpg (and 4 more)
        Folder.jpg
        Movie.nfo
        movie.xml
        /VIDEO_TS
            Etc

Any help appreciated.

al

Since you didn't provide any version numbers of anything you are running and what changes you made, I don't know when "before" and "now" are in terms of the software.

The structure you have is not really how the system is designed to work - although, with certain settings and caveats, it may work.

In your example, the supported structure would be:

SpiderMan

folder.jpg

/video_ts

/Specials

/video_ts

Also, the number in the green circle was not the number of items, it was the number of unwatched items.

aslaksonal

Sorry . . .

System is Windows 8 Pro, current with all MS updates.

Emby WMC client is current, according to the "update" button. Server is current as of the new "stable" release today.

Since the last time it worked the way it always has, I've changed nothing in my setup.

Using the file structure you suggest, only the main movie displays - there's no way to select the "bonus" stuff.

What settings should I be looking at on either the server or the client to get it back to the way it was?

Thanks

al

Using the file structure you suggest, only the main movie displays - there's no way to select the "bonus" stuff.

565f24ec6c491_emcspecials.png

Try a plain video file in your specials or extras folder. It might be that we haven't implemented folder rips for those.

aslaksonal

= = =

So you have a \Movie subfolder under \Spiderman? And then also under \Extras you have \Video_TS?

The problem is the movie subfolder. That's not within our supported naming guidelines for movies. Please see:

= = =

A - I've changed the file structure, still not working.

B - It DID work until a few weeks ago. What's changed?

al