Playon Plugin

Sammy

I just got a Lifetime Playon Subscription. I have set up several channels in Playon, in addition to those that do not need to have a log in.

Playback works fine through Playon but through the plugin on Emby, it plays sporadically or not at all. It seems to work better in the mobile app than in the web player or in WMC, both of which I haven't got it to play at all.

I select the internal player in the mobile app for simplicity.

In the web player I get nothing and in WMC I have MPC-HC set as the external player whereupon it opens but nothing happens. I have to use Task Manager to kill the MPC-HC task because I loose all controls via keyboard, mouse or remote, even though it isn't showing as non-responsive.

Any help?

I have a day left on the trial period for this plug in and it still isn't working correctly. I posted a log that was current at the time a couple of days ago. I'd really like this to work but am leary of paying for the plug in if it doesn't work. I'd really like to integrate Netflix, amazon video as well as other web streaming into Emby to create a pretty good on demand feature. Any help would certainly be appreciated. An extension on the trial period would be nice to get it up and running as it did have some functionality a few days ago but no longer.

Thanks!!

can you repeat the test with the web client? the windows media center video player is over 10 years old and isn't build this type of transcoded video. As a result, its' the most challenging app to transcode on the fly for. So for now we should keep our testing simple. thanks.

Okay.. I'm back in the game thanks to ebr getting my key situation sorted out! On to the testing or Playon.. which doesn't seem to work right now on the web interface. I will see about posting a log but shouldn't @snazy2000 be helping out with this plugin?

Edited by Sammy

Okay. No dice in the webapp. Should I use "localhost" for the playon IP or should I use the IP address on the local network of the HTPC whereon playon is installed? (I am doing the latter right now). Thanks.

Are you able to see the logs previously posted and shared from my Google Drive? I'll run new ones and post them again but if you can't see those then I'll need to upload them somewhere where you can see them.

Okay.. I have success on the Emby web client with some sample amazon prime video.. Don't know what changed. I'm streaming over the internet too..

I'm going to try the app on my phone next, then WMC later on after I get home (probably tomorrow morning).

So I proceeded to crash my Emby Server. Further testing will have to wait but this is what I see now:

5666178d15134_Crash.jpg

Snapshot of GetDashboardResource generated by ServiceStack on 12/7/2015 11:08:26 PM
view json datasource from original url: http://XX.XX.XXX.XXX:8096/web/dashboard.html? in other formats: json xml csv jsv
Response Status
Error CodeNullReferenceExceptionMessageObject reference not set to an instance of an object.Stack Trace at ServiceStack.ServiceStackHost.TryResolve[T]() at ServiceStack.Host.ServiceRunner`1.AfterEachRequest(IRequest requestContext, TRequest request, Object response) at ServiceStack.Host.ServiceRunner`1.HandleException(IRequest request, TRequest requestDto, Exception ex) at ServiceStack.Host.ServiceRunner`1.Execute(IRequest request, Object instance, TRequest requestDto) at ServiceStack.Host.ServiceRunner`1.Process(IRequest requestContext, Object instance, Object request) at ServiceStack.Host.ServiceExec`1.Execute(IRequest request, Object instance, Object requestDto, String requestName) at ServiceStack.Host.ServiceRequestExec`2.Execute(IRequest requestContext, Object instance, Object request) at ServiceStack.Host.ServiceController.<>c__DisplayClassf.<>c__DisplayClass11.<RegisterServiceExecutor>b__e(IRequest reqCtx, Object req) at ServiceStack.Host.ServiceController.ManagedServiceExec(ServiceExecFn serviceExec, IService service, IRequest request, Object requestDto) at ServiceStack.Host.ServiceController.<>c__DisplayClassf.<RegisterServiceExecutor>b__d(IRequest requestContext, Object dto) at ServiceStack.Host.ServiceController.Execute(Object requestDto, IRequest req) at ServiceStack.HostContext.ExecuteService(Object request, IRequest httpReq) at ServiceStack.Host.RestHandler.GetResponse(IRequest request, Object requestDto) at ServiceStack.Host.RestHandler.ProcessRequestAsync(IRequest httpReq, IResponse httpRes, String operationName)
Edited by Sammy

A Couple more logs about 21:00 when it loaded MC-HC from Emby for WMC but paused, didn't play and returned to WMC Playon.

The content is amazon prime watchlist, BTW..

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1pzR0EIsCxeQzZJT2ZzanJCMTg/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1pzR0EIsCxeS0ZVTFlMclNHcGs/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1pzR0EIsCxeY2NNMDVfMjBRNGM/view?usp=sharing

This played fine in the WMC web app and in the native Playon app on the HTPC..

I would send him a PM. Also its' very difficult to help if you don't follow the instructions in the link i gave you earlier. For playback issues we need three things - a description of what happened, complete server log, and complete transcoding log (if there was one).

I did send a PM with a link to this thread.

I also thought I described what happened and posted the logs last night too in posts 16 and 17 above. Did I miss something?

Thanks for all the help you are trying to provide.

So I disabled MPC-HC for all but mkv and it works with the WMC player. I will continue testing with more content but maybe this should be mentioned on the plug in information page for the PlayOn Plug in??

As MPC-HC is the most versatile player for Windows out there, I'm perplexed as to why this is an issue. I'd like to utilize it because of the advanced settings available via MadVR to upscale lower resolution video. Having to set it for mkv only sort of defeats that purpose as most, if not all, my mkv's are Blu-ray rips at full resolution. My whole purpose here is to create a unified player in WMC with a decent on demand library as to date WMC is still the only viable option for DRM copy-protected CATV content. Can this be fixed in Emby? Can MadVR (LAV too) be loaded in the native WMC player?

Thank for all your assistance, Luke!

No, we've been down that road before and we're unlikely to spend any more time on it. It might be a versatile player in the htpc sense, but it is not really designed for streaming and transcoded formats.