WD TV Live file not supported

alepuffo

alepuffo

hello,

first of all I'd like to apologize for my broken english.

I'm having issues with my WDTV live.

all my media files are stored in a Netgear Nas.

No problems with the PC.

No problems with the PS3. I see the emby server an able to play the files.

Problems with the WDTV. I see the emby server, I'm able to listen to the music (mp3), I'm able to play TV Series (mp4 - h264 1000kbps - aac stereo 128kbps - level 4.1) but when I try to play the movies I have an error. Unable to play the file. file not supported. All my movies are mp4 files, h264 10000kbps - aac audio - 1920x1080).

If I search the movie files using the shared folders (no emby server) I've no problem.

What do you suggest to do?

Captainslow

Have you tried to restart the WDTV live? I have one of those devices and I would always get those types of errors. I reboot usually fixed things.

alepuffo

Sure, I've tried to reboot the device.

I'm wondering why the tv series works fine and not the movies.

They are both mp4, level 4.1, audio aac. the only difference is that tv series have been ripped with bitrate 1000, audio stereo, 1024x768.

the movies instead with bitrate 10.000, audio 5.1, 1920x1080.

• 1 month later...
bubbyspencer

I'm hoping to resurrect this thread, but basically I have noticed that trying to direct stream a movie with 5.1 AAC gives me an error while AAC stereo works fine on my WDTV. I have trouble reading the transcoding log trying to identify why it chose to transcode the file.

Happy2Play

I'm hoping to resurrect this thread, but basically I have noticed that trying to direct stream a movie with 5.1 AAC gives me an error while AAC stereo works fine on my WDTV. I have trouble reading the transcoding log trying to identify why it chose to transcode the file.

The default profile should force transcoding of AAC 5.1 do to the conditions set in the profile.  Are you sure the right profile is being used?

<CodecProfile type="VideoAudio" codec="aac">

<Conditions>

<ProfileCondition condition="LessThanEqual" property="AudioChannels" value="2" isRequired="true" />

</Conditions>

Edited by Happy2Play

bubbyspencer

Here is my setting xml and transcode log of trying to play an mp4 with 5.1 aac. Thanks for you help btw. I should also point out that I do not want it to be transcoding. My WDTV is plugged into my Onkyo AVR & I feel like between the two, I shouldn't need to transcode anything.

WDTV Live.xml

transcode-ca89da03-2f02-4962-a88d-f1adb27e9cd6.txt

Edited by bubbyspencer

bubbyspencer

The default profile should force transcoding of AAC 5.1 do to the conditions set in the profile.  Are you sure the right profile is being used?

<CodecProfile type="VideoAudio" codec="aac">

<Conditions>

<ProfileCondition condition="LessThanEqual" property="AudioChannels" value="2" isRequired="true" />

</Conditions>

I went back through & I edited the WD Live to have the aac value set to 6 instead of 2 & now it works great! Thanks for bringing the line in the xml to my attention. I am very new to emby & am still trying to get the hang of everything.

Edited by bubbyspencer