MB Server Metadata Collection

all4dom

all4dom

Hi Luke,

I have a question about how the server collects all the images. I have been using meta browser to collect all the images and movie/show info for my collection. Recently I reinstalled the server to create the new IBN folder. I noticed in my media collection that I have more images downloaded, but the images I have are folders with extra fanart & thumbs,season folders in landscape mode, more then one clearart art logo and season banners. I am thinking of having MB server do all my metadata collections because it does make some things easier, but what can I do for the media that I setup already. I am going to delete everything now, but I don't want it to recollect everything again.

PS....I did notice with one new series that I added to my collection, it added just the right amount of images, which leaves me to wonder should I start deleting most of the images in my other folders and let MB Server collect them. I know going back that you recommended people do that.

Thanks

Dominick

you don't really have to delete any images because we recognize them all. the first backdrop is stored in the main movie folder and subsequent ones go in the extrafanart folder. it's the most compatible convention used by other products. if you want the backdrop1, backdrop2, etc convention, you can specify that in the metadata config section. it was in the startup wizard but you probably skipped over it.

as far as deleting all and starting fresh - it's not a bad thing to do every now and then because you get the latest images from the latest sources in the highest resolutions. you just might end up with some you don't like when you do that