Feature Requests for Live TV

theniteow1

theniteow1

Any way to get this implemented into the next version?  Ordered in number of importance.

1.  A button on the remote that would have a "Flashback" feature to flip between two different channels.

2.  Be able to use the D-Pad to tune into a channel number directly, rather than paging through the guide.

3.  A mini guide, similar to Windows Media Center while watching Live TV.

Thanks for all your hard work!

1.  A button on the remote that would have a "Flashback" feature to flip between two different channels.

I can't add buttons to the remote, sorry ;).  However, there is an on-screen button that does just this (it looks like a chevron or less-than sign).

2.  Be able to use the D-Pad to tune into a channel number directly, rather than paging through the guide.

Interesting.  Not sure how that would work or how anyone would learn how to use it though (and channel numbers are becoming passe).  Right now, the guide will list your channels in the order of last access though.

3.  A mini guide, similar to Windows Media Center while watching Live TV.

This is already in the current version.

knight09

The ability to sort by HD and SD channels in the guide would be very helpful. Also Emby for fireTV used to load the guide at the same channel segment that you left off at (unless you cleared your cache), now it resets to channel 1 (I'm aware there is an option to list previously viewed channels at the top of the guide but I want all my HD channels not just the few I was watching last.)

Edited by knightboy09

It resets to channel one if you have the option to sort last accessed channels to the top (because that's where your last accessed channel will be).

If you want the old behavior, just disable the smart sorting in the settings.

theniteow1

Hello, thanks for responding.  Yes, I discovered the "Chevron" symbol last night!  So am I to understand it's a limitation of the FireTV to not be able to configure the buttons on the remote to do certain actions, like flip back to a channel?  I also understand what you mean by channels becoming passe, however, it's annoying having to scroll page by page to a station I know the number of, I understand I could mark it as a favorite.  Just would be nice to be able to do some kind of direct input.  Similar to the "Chevron" button, could there be a way to add an icon on the guide, and have it bring up the On-screen Keyboard to have me direct input a channel?

I can't add buttons to the remote, sorry ;).  However, there is an on-screen button that does just this (it looks like a chevron or less-than sign).

Interesting.  Not sure how that would work or how anyone would learn how to use it though (and channel numbers are becoming passe).  Right now, the guide will list your channels in the order of last access though.

This is already in the current version.

This app runs on both the Fire TV and the Google boxes.  The Google boxes only have a D-Pad and play, back and home buttons.  The Fire TV has a couple more but doesn't have a button for swapping channels either.

Therefore, most of the functionality in the app is implemented with on-screen controls that can be accessed with the D-Pad.

theniteow1

If the limitation is of the remote then,  would you be able to add some Icons on the guide to be able to add the features I'm requesting?

Two out of the three are already there...

So the only one outstanding is direct channel number entry.  That is a possible addition but you are the first (and only so far) one to request it.

• Like 1

theniteow1

Yes, you are correct on all counts.  ;)  I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one that would want this feature.  It was one of the first thing the wife complained about.  This app is really coming close to replacing our WMC setup through the whole house, just need a couple of extra things like this to make this fly.  Keep up the good work, and strongly consider my request.. please. :D

Two out of the three are already there...

So the only one outstanding is direct channel number entry.  That is a possible addition but you are the first (and only so far) one to request it.