Better indication of live tv schedules status

pünktchen

pünktchen

What i really miss within Embys interface is a fast overview of the status of my live tv schedules.

Right now i have to go into the details of every timer to see if it has been canceled, has conflict or is in progress.

What i suggest:

Keep the three dots for timers of a series schedule, but also show one dot for a one time schedule.

Also i would suggest to show those dots with different colors for different timer status, eg:

Red - In progress

Green - Scheduled

Yellow - Conflict

NO dot at all - Canceled/Deactivated

Something like this...

565cebfa1be1b_Schedules.png

Of course i would like to see those dots everywhere, means also in the guide overview, program details, channel view,

channel details and especially in the search results.

• Like 1

We already have most of this just in a different form. Cancelled just doesn't show at all. In your model, nobody would ever know it's cancelled and 99% of users would complain that cancelled recordings are still showing.

Scheduled should also be obvious based on the fact that the date is in the future. 

The conflict indicator is a good idea though.

pünktchen

I know because of your coding you don't have time to read it right. So i will forgive you :D

We already have most of this just in a different form.

Do we? I can only see an indicator for timers that is part of a series schedule. Otherwise one has always go to details view of a program.

Cancelled just doesn't show at all. In your model, nobody would ever know it's cancelled and 99% of users would complain that cancelled recordings are still showing.

As i wrote, for "cancelled" i suggest NO colored dot at all. Are you sure about your statement about cancelled or better deactivated timers? I know it from MediaPortal and Kodi that deactivated timers are still listed.

And if you think it isn't needed why there is a status for it in the API ;)

Scheduled should also be obvious based on the fact that the date is in the future.

Of course you are right with this. But it's all about consistency! We need for sure an indicator in the program guide and especially in the search results. So why not in the schedules view itself.

In this context the different colors red and green make sense imho. Every pvr software and every set-top-box i know shows a red dot for in progress recordings. That's why i thought another color like green would help to seperate them from upcoming schedules. B)

Hopefully my smileys show you: Don't take my critism on your critism personally!