Setting up library / folder levels

sybull

Just started using EMBY and am loving it. Trying to set up a library for my daughter so I can add the folder for specific shows I want her to see. But it doesn't appear the work.I set the content type to "TV", then...

If i add this folder it works, trouble is she gets to see ALL the shows and season in the subsequent sub-folder:

\\myserver\Videos\TV

If I add this folder, doesn't work (i.e no shows or seasons appear):

\\myserver\Videos\TV\Glee

Is there something that I need to do in EMBY or do I need to change the file structure of my server and remove one level ?

Thanks

Stephen

Good day,

They are some way for that, here 2 for example:

1 - Create new top folder at your server, name it like TV Show (name not important, it for you to know that for your kids show), then move all titles you want for you kids, and create a user for her, then that all.

2 - Use the Parental control on her user account at "users - by clicking on the 3 dots"

Also here you can give her the access right for media folders you want her to access.

My best

• Like 1

As I am new to all this my be wrongs, but my understanding of the parental settings was to BLOCK access to stuff. So if i have 100 shows but want my daughter to have access to 10 of them, I need to tag 90 of them to block her from seeing them ? This seems rather a long winded way of doing it. is there a way of getting it to INCLUDE only folders with a Tag ?

I had an idea and decided to map a drive on my PC which pointed to the TV folder (i,.e T:\ = \\myserver\video\TV). I then added the folder T:\Glee to the library. This partially worked, but the problem is now under "shows" I now have 6 entries "Glee- Season 1", "Glee- Season 2" etc

I realise now that EMBY is expecting the first Sub-Folder to be the "Show Names" and the sub folders below that to be the "Show Seasons". Makes sense.

Thanks

yes at the moment that is correct but you could combine tags with parental ratings. so for example, if you set her max parental rating to the same rating as glee then that will automatically take care of quite a bit for you i imagine. 

I have gone through and can see the power of tags. Takes a bit of work. Just worked differently to how I thought it would, but then I should have done my reasearch  first. Sorry

Is there a way to select more than one film/show and Tag them all at the same time? (me just being lazy).

I just have to remember, when I add a new show to go into EMBY and tag it if I deem it unsuitable for her and tag it.

Using the rating is a good starting point, then i just tag ones with  "blocked" if i feel any of these are not suitable.

If there was an option to only INCLUDE tagged shows, that would add quite a bit of flexibility (i.e Tag shows "Elizabeth", "Claire", "Elizabeth+Claire" , "Maria", "Maria + Claire") allowing you to tag which Shows / Films appeared in different users lists.

Altogether though a brilliant piece of software. I Have purchased the APP for my windows phone and will purchase the app for my childrens Ipad etc when i have it set up.

Edited by sybull

Thanks, at the moment, there is no such thing as an include tag. Something to consider in the future. Bulk editing is not available yet but is planned for an upcoming release.

• Like 1