Server Dashboard: Link to Media which is currently beeing played

Tranquil

Tranquil

While setting up a new device or just searching for the next hiccup it would sometimes be useful to be able to jump to the currently playing media which is shown in the server dashboard. Maybe just by clicking on the image of the active device.

ATM now, I have to search for the item in the search field (which sometimes work and sometimes not) or need to manually browse through the library to see the media details.

• Like 21

In the same vein I think it would be great to have a few options from there.  Like send a message to or remote control that device.  Or go to that user in the dashboard...

• Like 2

schmitty

I haven't really being keeping up to date with the Emby feature set, as my media server has been offline for a couple of months due to a failed SSD. Is there a handoff feature, where you can be playing a video on one device and pick it up in the same position on another device?

I haven't really being keeping up to date with the Emby feature set, as my media server has been offline for a couple of months due to a failed SSD. Is there a handoff feature, where you can be playing a video on one device and pick it up in the same position on another device?

Resuming from anywhere has been possible from day 1 so, yes.

• 3 years later...
atomicmoon

I would like to revisit this request. The improvements done to the dashboard since the initial request are phenomenal, but the ability to quickly navigate to what someone is currently streaming would be a great addition and time saver. Half the time, I don't even know what people are streaming unless it's something I know the artwork of.
The media logo displays, but on most screens it's not that easy to make out. Making the entire artwork a link to the media would helpful.

Thank you for your consideration! 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
CrazyMonk

As a new user that transitioned from Plex, this would be a very useful and simple addon for server admins.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...