DLNA and XBOX One Resume

jasonwilliams

jasonwilliams

Hi There,

Does anyone else have a problem when using play-to with Xbone one that it cannot resume when playback has already started.  Using the Windows 8.1/10 app, it just crashes out when I select resume on playback.

TIA,

Jason

I have an issue where it will always start over not resume (when selecting resume), when pushing from a browser or the android app. 

I don't seem to have any issue with resume from the android app or iPhone.

But, the Xbox one can be finicky. Sometimes the Xbox doesn't accept play to command. It will enter the "films & tv" app without playing. You then have to send the play command again.

This is totally from the Xbox side.

I tend to keep the film & tv app open on the Xbox and it helps.

In some cases I will use the chapters that have been extracted to resume if it fails to play.

Again, this is completely an Xbox thing. It is like they want you to enter the film app to see what you can rent for money, before you can play your own media... Tricky tricky Microsoft at it again...

Edited by chef

jasonwilliams

Thanks.  I also sometimes have to start the Play-To twice before the video will start playing.  I'm using the Windows 10 app and the Windows phone app.  Both crash if I try to resume a video.