Advice? Best Client or App for 3D and 5.1 Audio

teedoe

Hello all,

I was looking for some responses from anyone with some hands on experience that can provide feedback for their 3D and 5.1 solutions/setups. I currently have an i3 Windows 8.1 machine running the Emby Server and the Client on the same machine in my living room. It works great and I love the experience. (both in WMC and the Emby Theater app)

But now, I am looking to add a Benq W1070 projector and a client in another room and want it to be able to do Full 3D (not half SBS) and 5.1 audio (HD audio is probably not going to happen). I have been doing some research over in the Kodi forums (http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=221407) and trying to figure out which client and hardware is best for my needs. 

Is anyone here playing Full 3D content using the Emby server, if so what is your setup, which emby app do you use, etc.? The Raspberry Pi 2 with Kodi appears to be good but the HiMedia Q5 has an Optical Audio Out. I haven't started purchasing components yet and I really don't want to waste money buying the wrong thing. 

TL;DR - What is your Full 3D with 5.1 audio hardware solution for playback? Which Emby Client/App do you use and what is your setup and does it run smoothly?