Conection Issue at college

GurtLushSalmon

GurtLushSalmon

Connection issues at college

Hello everyone I am having some issues with connecting to my emby server running on freenas from college. It works fine through other public networks. I am not sure if the college is blocking the traffic from port 8888, but does anyone have a possible work around. 

I have tried using the default port (8096) and it does not work form college either.

Feel free to test it gurtlushsalmon.ddns.net:8888

I would be grateful for any support :)

Thanks 

shorty1483

Hello everyone I am having some issues with connecting to my emby server running on freenas from college. It works fine through other public networks. I am not sure if the college is blocking the traffic from port 8888, but does anyone have a possible work around. 

I have tried using the default port (8096) and it does not work form college either.

Feel free to test it gurtlushsalmon.ddns.net:8888

I would be grateful for any support :)

Thanks 

I can reach your login site without problems. Do I understand right, your Freenas is at home and you are in College?

Gimme your password :D

Edited by shorty1483

GurtLushSalmon

The Freenas server is at home and I am in college currently.  :D  Not sure if i should ask It support at college if they can allow traffic from that port. Probably goes against their IT Policy though.  

Edited by GurtLushSalmon

shorty1483

The Freenas server is at home and I am in college currently.  :D  Not sure if i should ask It support at college if they can allow traffic from that port. Probably goes against their IT Policy though.  

Try to go on a more common port which is probably not blocked by FW.

• 3 weeks later...
GurtLushSalmon

I found a way of forwarding to port 80 and getting it to work on emby because it was not as simple as just forwarding port 80 to the  machine and i needed to use port translation now everything works fine apart from https because college does not accept  self signed certificates for some reason.  Thanks for advice everyone :)