Animated gif support

skank

Sorry, no, not saying never.  It just reminded me of the early days of web sites and all those colored, animated gifs... :).

In isolation (like on a detail screen), those could look cool.  I don't think a whole poster wall of them at once would be desirable, however.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

Ian-Highlander

Aww and here's me sitting here with the perfect one for superhero films too

superheroes.gif

opportunity... wasted...

</sarcasm>

:lol:

(I'm with ebr incase it wasn't obvious enough) :D

Edited by Ian-Highlander
  • Like 2

Sorry, no, not saying never.  It just reminded me of the early days of web sites and all those colored, animated gifs... :).

In isolation (like on a detail screen), those could look cool.  I don't think a whole poster wall of them at once would be desirable, however.

damn :(

yes it is used in kodi in detail page...

very pity they wont be supported for now

have you looked at them

they really look very cool !

overClocked!

Amen.

Wished my avatar worked in the browser by default, too

[emoji12]

Edited by overClocked!

Redshirt

I'm not wild about animated gifs, but if they were supported it would be nice if the server recognized them as a different ImageType so devs could control where they're shown. 

where do they come from, or are they all personally created?

Personally created from what i've seen, googling "movie poster cinemagraphs" doesn't really give a central site to go to

where do they come from, or are they all personally created?

They are made by one of fanart.tv

They are looking to centralise it there too

Support would be  very welcome, if you dont use it then fine, but people who wants could then...

Also i agree in a wall view, it might be too crowdy

When used in more detailed page, or right list view for ex, its very very nice !

Is the issue that you can't add a GIF image to the metadata? If so, I could get behind a Feature Request to update that filter. I ran into a couple of problems where other images (mostly band/artist images) were in the wrong format and I had to change them. In this case, if someone doesn't their search/new/wall busy they can just use these animated posters.

If it is displayed only on the details page, then that probably needs to be a plug-in. Not sure how you would store two different posters, but I suppose you could use the first frame on the group/wall pages to keep them from being busy - but I am not sure if you can tell a browser that supports it to do that.

legallink

We could have Harry Potter pictures for all of our movies....YAY!

Somewhat seriously, if the gif's were good, it could be really cool.

Edited by legallink

We could have Harry Potter pictures for all of our movies....YAY!

Somewhat seriously, if the gif's were good, it could be really cool.

Those gifs are good. Look at topic i gave..

Seems people are interested in this..

Im not sure how I feel about it, some are ok but I doubt I would use them.

It's not cause its supported that it is a must that you use them...

But those who want, could then...

So why not support it??????

Mods??????????

Deathsquirrel

I definitely wouldn't use this but I don't see it harming anything to let people make their UI as tacky as they want.

The issue comes from the fact that, as soon as support for this goes in, people will want it only in certain areas.  And, of course, the fact that the number of people who would use it is probably quite small so we just have to prioritize whatever work is involved to do it.

Deathsquirrel

The issue comes from the fact that, as soon as support for this goes in, people will want it only in certain areas.  And, of course, the fact that the number of people who would use it is probably quite small so we just have to prioritize whatever work is involved to do it.

Definitely not worth doing if it can't be built easily and made super easy to use.  To small a use-case IMO.

yea the certain areas thing is going to be an issue, because suddenly what seems like a simple server change to add gif support is going to sprinkle down and require changes in every single app. so right now you're just going to get it everywhere.

even if it will show everywhere, you would still be able to use/not use it..

those that want it, could then, those that dont, wont have to

So i give a + to support it

even if it will show everywhere, you would still be able to use/not use it..

those that want it, could then, those that dont, wont have to

So i give a + to support it

Correct so this will only affect a very small number of people (and titles for that matter).

However, I've been at this long enough to know that, once it is there and someone starts using it, the very next request will be "Hey, these animated gifs look great on the detail screen but in a wall of posters, I'm getting seasick - can we have them only show at the detail level?"

• Like 2